Molly Kathleen Ringwald (1968-) is an actress famous for being part of the Brat Pack (a group of actors associated with several Eighties teenage comedy films) and for starring in films such as Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink. In addition to her acting career Molly Ringwald is an author, singer, and dancer.
Works she has starred in include:
- The Breakfast Club
- Pretty in Pink
- Sixteen Candles
- The TV miniseries adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand.
- The Secret Life of the American Teenager
Books she has written include:
Provides examples of:
- Adam Westing: Played a minor role in Not Another Teen Movie, where she called out how trite and insincere the Jerk Jock's apology was, and essentially lampshaded the entire ending scene.
- B-Movie/Cult Classic: Her films tend to be these.
- Dawson Casting: Averted. She was a teenager actually playing teenagers.
- Celeb Posse: As part of the Brat Pack.
- Dye Hard
- Fanservice: The 1995 direct-to-video thriller Malicious has her topless for about thirty seconds.
- Former Teen Actor
- Jaded Washout: Portrays herself as this in Not Another Teen Movie, where she's working as a flight attendant to pay the bills.
- The '80s
- Old Shame: She's pretty much disowned her 1988 film For Keeps on the grounds that it glamorized teen pregnancy. It doesn't help that the film is considered by many to be her Star-Derailing Role.
- Trademark Favorite Food/Bizarre Taste in Food: Famous during the Brat Pack years for going to at all the trendiest restaurants and ordering onion rings with the onions removed.
- Unintentional Period Piece: In comparison to The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink have not aged well.