Lindsay Morgan Lohan (born July 2, 1986) is an American model, pop singer and actress.
A former child actor and model, Lohan rose to fame when she began acting and landed several major film roles, notably the Disney remakes of The Parent Trap
and Freaky Friday
, then later in the Tina Fey
-penned 2004 film Mean Girls
Lohan was anointed by the media as the "next big thing"
. Unfortunately, the newfound attention from the media got to her, and she started drinking while underage (with her own mother no less) and partying all the time. Soon she ended up with two D.U.I.s and went under rehabilitation which slowed down her career considerably and since then she's been more well-known for her legal troubles than acting career.
- Speak (2004)
- A Little More Personal (Raw) (2005)
Provides examples of:
- Acting for Two: The Parent Trap and I Know Who Killed Me
- Technically, she also played two in Freaky Friday as well. Dual-roles were something of Lindsay's signature style for a while.
- Adam Westing: Her advertisement for eHarmony.
- Her best example is in Machete, just read it there.
- Her role in Scary Movie 5.
- Played herself like this in Anger Management.
- Break Up Song: If It's Alright, Over, If You Were Me, Black Hole,
- Calling the Old Man Out: "Confessions Of A Broken Heart" qualifies.
- Cover Version: "I Want You to Want Me" and "Edge of Seventeen" on her second record.
- Dark and Troubled Past: A pushy mother who manipulated her daughter out of a childhood against her will? Check. A father who exploited her so badly he wanted to force her to participate in a rehab reality TV show about her struggles? Check. A battle against bulimia? Check. A drug dependancy? Check. Law trouble and a tarnished reputation? Oooh yes.
- Follow Your Heart La Bella Vita, Fastlane, Disconnected, I Live For The Day, Anything But Me
- Love Nostalgia Song: "Something I Never Had", "Black Hole"
- Lonely at the Top: "Fastlane" People come and go like rain
- Medley: In her Confessions Of A teenage Drama Queen movie soundtrack: "Don't Move On/Living for the City/Changes" Medley
- Rockstar Song: Fastlane, A Beautiful Life (La Bella Vita) and Rumours are examples of this trope.
- Sanity Slippage Song: "Fastlane", "A Beautiful Life(La Bella Vita)", "Anything But Me", "Disconnected", "I Live For The Day" and there are probably more...
- Self-Deprecation: She has no problem making fun of her "crazy party girl" image, as seen on her recent Saturday Night Live episode in which she played a jailbird version of herself in the "Scared Straight" recurring sketch (she even mentions the movies she was in and her arrest for stealing a diamond necklace).
- In her stint on Glee she jokes about her "Image rebranding mode".
- Silly Love Songs: Who Loves You, Very Last Moment In Time,Symptoms of You, "Ultimate".
- Stage Mom: Her mother enrolled her in her first acting class when she was two years old.
- Youthful Freckles
- Your Cheating Heart: "If You Were Me", "Something I Never Had"