"Our younger readers know Lindsay Lohan as a sort-of porn star and constant reminder of our society's sick and destructive relationship with pretty things, but before that, she was an actress who was paid lots of money to be in normal movies."Lindsay Morgan Lohan (that's Lo-HAN, as in Rohan), born July 2, 1986, is an American model, pop singer, songwriter, and actress.A former child actor and model, Lohan rose to fame when she began acting and landed several major film roles, notably the Disney remakes of The Parent Trap and Freaky Friday, then later in the Tina Fey-penned 2004 film Mean Girls.Lohan was anointed by the media as the "next big thing". Unfortunately, the newfound attention from the media got to her, and she started drinking while underage (with her own mother no less) and partying all the time. Soon she ended up with two D.U.I.s, two more arrests for drug possession, and went under rehabilitation which slowed down her career considerably and since then she's been more well-known for her legal troubles than acting career.
- The Parent Trap (1998)
- Life-Size (2000)
- Get a Clue (2002)
- Freaky Friday (2003)
- Confessions Of A Teenage Drama Queen (2004)
- Mean Girls (2004)
- Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005)
- My Scene Goes Hollywood (2005)
- Just My Luck (2006)
- A Prairie Home Companion (2006)
- Bobby (2006)
- Georgia Rule (2007)
- I Know Who Killed Me (2007)
- Chapter 27 (2007)
- Labor Pains (2009) (TV Movie)
- Lindsay Lohan's Indian Adventure (2010) (Documentary)
- Machete (2010)
- Liz And Dick (2012) (TV Movie; her first starring role in 3 years)
- The Canyons (2013) (Independent film)
- Scary Movie 5 (2013)
- Inapppropriate Comedy (2013)
- Inconcievable (2015)
- Speed The Plow (London, 2014)
- Speak (2004)
- A Little More Personal (Raw) (2005)
Provides examples of:
- Acting for Two: The Parent Trap and I Know Who Killed Me
- Technically, she also played two in Freaky Friday (2003) as well. Dual-roles were something of Lindsay's signature style for a while.
- Adam Westing: Her advertisement for eHarmony.
- Break Up Song: If It's Alright, Over, If You Were Me, Black Hole,
- Calling the Old Man Out: "Confessions Of A Broken Heart" qualifies.
- Cover Version: "I Want You to Want Me" and "Edge of Seventeen" on her second record.
- Follow Your Heart La Bella Vita, Fastlane, Disconnected, I Live For The Day, Anything But Me
- Love Nostalgia Song: "Something I Never Had", "Black Hole"
- Lonely at the Top: "Fastlane" People come and go like rain
- Medley: In her Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen movie soundtrack: "Don't Move On/Living for the City/Changes" Medley
- Rockstar Song: Fastlane, A Beautiful Life (La Bella Vita) and Rumours are examples of this trope.
- Sanity Slippage Song: "Fastlane", "A Beautiful Life(La Bella Vita)", "Anything But Me", "Disconnected", "I Live For The Day" and there are probably more...
- Silly Love Songs: Who Loves You, Very Last Moment In Time,Symptoms of You, "Ultimate".
- Your Cheating Heart: "If You Were Me", "Something I Never Had"
- Working Title: "There Is Only One Angel In Heaven" for A Little More Personal (Raw).