Creator: Christopher Walken
"I make films that no one sees. I've made films that I myself have not seen."
"Christopher Walken was peak Christopher Walken. I donít even think he rehearsed, but Christopher Walken doesnít need to rehearse. Christopher Walken just needs to be."Christopher Walken (born March 31, 1943) is an Academy Award winning American actor of stage and screen, in a career spanning more than 50 years. A prolific actor, he has appeared in over 100 movie and television roles, notably including A View to a Kill, At Close Range, The Deer Hunter, David Cronenberg's The Dead Zone, King Of New York, Batman Returns, True Romance, Catch Me If You Can and Pulp Fiction, as well as music videos by recording artists such as Madonna and Fatboy Slim.Walken appeared as the Archangel Gabriel in the first three Prophecy movies, as well as his frequent guest-host appearances on Saturday Night Live (seven in all, though six of them [the ones from 1990 to 2003] have his recurring sketch "The Continental" and all six of them have monologues in which Walken sings and dances; the one from the Writers Strike-shortened 33rd season has neither of these), his most notable being The Bruce Dickinson in the "More Cowbell" sketch and The Continental (based on an actual TV character from an obscure 1950s show; but most people wouldn't know that). In the United States, films featuring Walken have grossed over $1.8 billion. He has also played the main role in the Shakespeare plays Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, and even Coriolanus. Famous film roles were Nikanor "Nick" Chevotarevich in The Deer Hunter (for which he won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor) and in Pulp Fiction, as Captain Koons, a Vietnam War veteran, which has since become a pop culture icon. In fact, his prolific film appearances relate to his own policy of never turning down film roles unless he's too busy, finding that each and every role is a learning experience.His distinctive style of speaking, including random pauses, wild enunciation and a tendency to change voice pitch at random, have made clips from his movies subject to a great deal of Memetic Mutation, and he's probably the third most-imitated actor out there, after Connery and Ahnold. He doesn't actually sound much like most of his impersonators. You're still... imagining!... this article...in his...illustrious voice!As pointed out by the top quote, Christopher Walken doesn't cherrypick with the roles he takes. He just plain loves making movies.A former professional dancer, which he got to show off in the 1981 film version of Pennies from Heaven (where he played a dancing pimp), his opening monologue from one of his hosting stints on Saturday Night Live, the 2007 rendition of Hairspray, as well as the aforementioned Fatboy Slim video, which consists solely of him dancing in an empty hotel.
—Michael K. on Peter Pan Live! (2014)
- The Anderson Tapes (1971): His film debut.
- Annie Hall (1977) - Duane.
- The Deer Hunter (1978) - Nick Chevotarevich (this is where he won the Oscar)
- The Dead Zone (1979) - Johnny Smith
- The Dogs of War (1980) - Cat Shannon
- Pennies from Heaven (1981) - Tom the Dancing Pimp
- Brainstorm (1983) - Michael Brace
- A View to a Kill (1985) - Max Zorin
- Biloxi Blues (1988) - Sgt. Melvin J. Toomey
- King Of New York (1990) - Frank White
- Batman Returns (1992) - Max Shreck
- True Romance (1993) - Vincenzo Coccotti
- Pulp Fiction (1994) - Captain Koons
- The Prophecy (1995) - Archangel Gabriel
- Nick of Time (1995) - Mr. Smith
- Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead (1995) - The Man With The Plan
- Last Man Standing (1996) - Hickey
- Ripper (1996) - Detective Vincent Magnotta
- MouseHunt (1997) - Caesar the Exterminator
- Suicide Kings (1997) - Charlie Barrett
- Sleepy Hollow (1999) - Headless Horseman
- Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" video (2001)
- Joe Dirt (2001) - Clem
- Scotland PA (2001) - Lt. McDuff
- The Country Bears (2002) - Thimble
- Catch Me If You Can (2002) - Frank William Abagnale Sr.
- The Rundown (2003) - Hatcher
- Man on Fire (2004) - Paul Rayburn
- Romance And Cigarettes (2004) - A brief cameo.
- Wedding Crashers (2005) - William Cleary
- Click (2006) - Morty
- Hairspray (2007) - Wilbur Turnblad
- Balls of Fury (2007) - Feng
- Seven Psychopaths (2012) - Hans
- Jersey Boys (2014) - Gyp De Carlo
- Peter Pan Live! (2014) - Captain Hook