Alex: The Canadian-born television personality is the host of America's longest-running quiz program.
Contestant: Who is Alex Trebek?
Alex: Correct. Pick again.
Born on July 22, 1940, Alex Trebek is a Canadian-American celebrity famous for hosting Jeopardy
as well as a plethora of shows since the 1960s. His work ranges from many types of shows: commercials, game shows, music shows, and even sport events.
Shows hosted by Alex:
Tropes invoked by Alex:
- Badass Mustache: One of his distinguishing physical characteristics between the '70s and the '90.
- Canada, Eh?: He's a native of Ontario.
- Cool Old Guy
- Deadpan Snarker
- Funny Afro: Back in the 1970s.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: He is very good with other languages, and often speaks in various languages if a contestant mentions that he or she speaks one.
- Guest Host: Most notably, Alex took over Pat Sajak's hosting duties on Wheel of Fortune on April 1, 1997.
- Long Runner: Even if you don't look at the previous shows he's hosted, Alex has been hosting Jeopardy since 1984.
- Shout-Out: To Mr. Mxyzptlk. In one Family Guy episode, he vanished when Mayor Adam West tricked him into saying "Kebert Xela".
- Which came full circle when an actual Jeopardy contestant who had $1 going into Final Jeopardy wrote down "What is Kebert Xela?" as his answer, hoping to send Alex to "another dimension."
- Type Casting: Whenever he appears in roles on non-game shows, Alex is always playing the host of a quiz show.