Creator: Mayim Bialik
Mayim Bialik (born December 12, 1975) is an American actress, author, and neuroscientist. She showcased her talents in many roles as a child, before landing a starring role in Blossom. She took a break from acting to pursue her education, graduating with a PHD in neuroscience from UCLA in 2007.
Her best known rules include:
- Blossom: Blossom Russo
- The Big Bang Theory: Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler
- Beaches: Young CC Bloom—Bialik's breakout role, although she had appeared in Beauty and the Beast in 1987
Some tropes associated with the actress include:
- Actor-Shared Background: Like Amy Farrah Fowler, Mayim Bialik holds a PHD in neuroscience.
- The Cast Showoff: Did a lot of singing and dancing in her early roles.
- Celebrity Star: On What Not to Wear, where she gave up her Outdated Outfit . The episode also featured a guest spot from her old co-star Jenna Von Oy. While she avoided the worst I Was Quite The Fashion Victim levels of some of the guests, as a parent to small children while completing her education, her comfortable, frumpy look was somewhat justified.
- Former Child Star: An aversion to the trope, as she avoided the substance abuse and destructive behaviours common to actors who grow up in the spotlight.
- Granola Girl: Has authored books on veganism and attachment parenting, and has spoken out against vaccination.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Did primarily voiceover work in the late 1990s.
- Ivy League: She was accepted to both Harvard and Yale, before deciding to attend UCLA.
- Jewish and Nerdy: Has said she's "too ethnic" for a lot of roles.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: Some thought this of her role in Beaches.