Mayim Bialik (born December 12, 1975) is an American actress, author, and neuroscientist. She showcased her talents in many roles as a child, before landing a starring role in Blossom. She took a break from acting to pursue her education, graduating with a PhD in neuroscience from UCLA in 2007.
Her best known rules include:
- Blossom: Blossom Russo
- The Big Bang Theory: Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler
- Beaches: Young CC Bloom—Bialik's breakout role, although she had appeared in Beauty and the Beast in 1987
Some tropes associated with the actress include:
- Celebrity Star: On What Not to Wear, where she gave up her Outdated Outfit. The episode also featured a guest spot from her old co-star Jenna Von Oy. While she avoided the worst I Was Quite The Fashion Victim levels of some of the guests, as a parent to small children while completing her education, her comfortable, frumpy look was somewhat justified.
- Former Child Star: An aversion to the trope, as she avoided the substance abuse and destructive behaviours common to actors who grow up in the spotlight.
- Granola Girl: Has authored books on veganism and attachment parenting. She had said after having children that she wouldn't vaccinate them as part of her natural practices, but eventually came around and said she did so in 2015 as it became clear the infamous study against the practice was a sham.
- Jewish and Nerdy: Has said she's "too ethnic" for a lot of roles.