open/close all folders
Played By: Shauna Macdonald
- Howl of Sorrow: She lets out a pretty magnificent one after killing Beth and fighting off numerous Crawlers.
- Took a Level in Badass: Sarah was initially a rather meek, quiet woman still suffering from the trauma of her losing her family. Over the course of the film, she finds new ways to deal with that trauma by turning into a killing machine.
Played By: Natalie Mendoza
- Accidental Murder: While fighting off Crawlers, she reacts without thinking and kills Beth. Subverted in that Beth doesn't die right away, and Sarah eventually has to Mercy Kill her.
- Badass: She very quickly starts kicking ass, taking out multiple Crawlers and even fighting one hand-to-hand.
- It's All About Me: Juno's biggest flaw is how self-obsessed she is, viewing others only in relation to her.
- Left for Dead: Her eventual fate; Sarah wounds her and abandons her to the Crawlers.
- The Mistress: For Sarah's husband, Paul.
- Ms. Fanservice: Not overt, but it's there. Natalie Mendoza certainly shows how flexible she is, and all the dirt somehow seems to emphasize her beauty. There's also some slight cleavage on display.
Played By: Alex Reid
- Better to Die than Be Killed: After being mortally wounded and dragged to the Crawlers' feeding ground, Beth begs Sarah to kill her rather than let her keep suffering in the dark.
- Hot Teacher: At one point she notes that she's "an English teacher, not fucking Tomb Raider".
- Only Sane Man: Beth is the most sensible, level-headed and rational of the group.
- The Smart Guy: It comes with being a teacher. Beth's the one to figure out there's another exit to the tunnel by studying cave paintings.
- True Companions: With Sarah. Juno, Sarah's supposed best friend, abandoned her after the tragedy but Beth stood by Sarah and supported her the whole way through.
- Adorkable: Best examined when she puts on a pair of novelty glasses.
- The Medic: Of the group; she's training to become a doctor.
Played By: Saskia Mulder
- Cruel and Unusual Death: She's utterly ripped open by a Crawler in the most graphically horrific death in the film.
- Freak Out: After finding the Crawlers’ feeding ground.
Played By: Nora-Jane Noone
- Too Dumb to Live: Her recklessness and tendency to rush forward blindly costs Holly her leg, and ultimately her life.
- Wild Child: Absolutely; she's a hardcore 'sports fuck' who does basejumping and the like.
Played By: Craig Conway, Leslie Simpson, Mark Cronfield, Stephen Lamb, Catherine Dyson, Julie Ellis, Sophie Trott, Tristan Matthiae, Stuart Luis, Justin Hackney