For characters who debuted in Star Trek: The Next Generation, see Characters.Star Trek The Next Generation
Portrayed by: Tom HardyA clone of Jean-Luc Picard created by an earlier Romulan government to act as a mole in Starfleet. According to Starfleet Intelligence he served with distinction during the Dominion War, but after the next round of elections a new, apparently less warlike, government was worried Shinzon might be discovered by the Federation and lead to war, so they imprisoned him in the dilithium mines on Remus, where he was adopted by the Remans.
- Bald of Evil: He's about as old as Picard was when he attended Starfleet Academy and yet, he's completely bald.
- Big Bad: The main antagonist of the film.
- Evil Brit: He's played by the British actor Tom Hardy and is the Big Bad.
- Evil Counterpart: Of Picard.
- Fantastic Racism: Loathes the Romulans for certain.[to Cdr. Donatra when she attempts to seduce him] "You are not a woman. You are a Romulan."
- Generic Doomsday Villain: His reasoning seems to consist of "Well, I'm the villain of this movie, so I guess I better mentally rape Troi and destroy Earth." The extreme actions that actually relate to his supposedly well-intentioned goals occur entirely in the opening minutes of the movie: as he was raised by the Remans, he understandably doesn't like their status as the Warrior-Slave Race of the Romulan Empire. But when he assassinates the entire Romulan Senate and installs himself as the new dictator... he's already solved all the Remans' problems. At that point his only real explanation for wanting to destroy Earth is to prove the Remans' superiority over the Romulans and show the galaxy that their Romulan empire is not to be messed with which is somewhat unclear. For a poorly explained reason (to prove to everyone that the Remans are to be taken seriously), he has a super battleship way more advanced than every ship it comes up against. He also got a planet-destroying superweapon from... somewhere.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: How Picard kills him.
- Kick the Dog: He does a Mind Rape on Troi to pile misery on her.
- Kill and Replace: The Romulans created him for this purpose, but the mission got scrapped and he was sent to the Reman mines.
- Motive Decay: Is his motive to cannibalize Picard so he can live? To destroy the Federation? To get in Deanna Troi's pants?
- Oh, Crap!: When Picard is about to ram the Enterprise with the Scimitar.
- Orcus on His Throne: If there's one thing Shinzon enjoys, it's sitting around doing jack shit for long periods of time.
- Psychopathic Manchild: His physical maturity was accelerated well beyond his mental maturity.
- Shadow Archetype: To Picard.
- Shut Up, Kirk!: He gives one to Picard after the latter's Kirk Summation.
- Taking You with Me: He decides to take the Enterprise down with him after the Scimitar is disabled with his thalaron weapon. It doesn't work out thanks to Picard and Data's intervention.
- Too Dumb to Live: It's not very wise to wait for the procedure regarding the clone dengeneration that late. The Viceroy repeatedly seems to speaks for the entire audience regarding Shinzon's predicament:Viceroy: You're wasting time.
- Villainous B.S.O.D.: He goes through one after the Enterprise rams the Scimitar to the point that he launches the thalaron weapon to take the Enterprise down with him.
- Villainous Crush: On Troi. He appears in a Mind Rape sequence when she's making love to Riker.
- You Have Failed Me: When Picard and Data escape the Scimitar, Shinzon has a Reman guard who fails to stop their escape killed.
Portrayed by: Brent Spiner
- Blank Slate: He starts off not knowing anything and being completely innocent.
- Continuity Nod: The Next Generation epiode "Inheritance" makes note of the fact that there were three prototypes constructed prior to Lore and Data.
- Meaningful Name: He was the prototype of Lore and Data. He closely resembles Data with his stiff robotic speech pattern
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The Enterprise crew find him dissassembled and put him back together. It turns out he's part of an elaborate evil scheme by Shinzon.
- You Are Number 6: Unlike his "brothers", B-4 doesn't have a real name.
Portrayed by: Dina Meyer
- Big Damn Heroes: Attempts to do this for Picard and fails miserably: Shinzon's too good and the Scimitar is too tough.