Characters: Star Trek: Nemesis
For characters who debuted in Star Trek: The Next Generation, see Characters.Star Trek The Next Generation
Shinzon (Tom Hardy)A clone of Jean-Luc Picard created by an earlier Romulan government to act as a mole in Starfleet. According to Starfleet Intelligence he served with distinction during the Dominion War, but after the next round of elections a new, apparently less warlike, government was worried Shinzon might be discovered by the Federation and lead to war, so they imprisoned him in the dilithium mines on Remus, where he was adopted by the Remans.
- Bald of Evil
- Big Bad
- Cloning Blues
- Diabolus ex Nihilo
- Evil Counterpart: Of Picard.
- Fantastic Racism: Loathes the Romulans for certain.(to Cdr. Donatra when she attempts to seduce him) "You are not a woman. You are a Romulan."
- Generic Doomsday Villain: His reasoning seems to consist of "Well, I'm the villain of this movie, so I guess I better mentally rape Troi and destroy Earth." The extreme actions that actually relate to his supposedly well-intentioned goals occur entirely in the opening minutes of the movie: as he was raised by the Remans, he understandably doesn't like their status as the Warrior-Slave Race of the Romulan Empire. But when he assassinates the entire Romulan Senate and installs himself as the new dictator... he's already solved all the Remans' problems. At that point his only real explanation for wanting to destroy Earth is to prove the Remans' superiority over the Romulans and show the galaxy that their Romulan empire is not to be messed with which is somewhat unclear. For a poorly explained reason (to prove to everyone that the Remans are to be taken seriously), he has a super battleship way more advanced than every ship it comes up against. He also got a planet-destroying superweapon from... somewhere.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice
- Motive Decay: Is his motive to cannibalize Picard so he can live? To destroy the Federation? To get in Deanna Troi's pants?
- Orcus on His Throne: If there's one thing Shinzon enjoys, it's sitting around doing jack shit for long periods of time.
- Shadow Archetype: To Picard.
- Taking You with Me
B-4 (Brent Spiner)
- Backup Twin
- Beta Test Baddie
- Blank Slate
- Continuity Nod: The Next Generation epiode "Inheritance" makes note of the fact that there were three prototypes constructed prior to Lore and Data.
- Evil Twin
- Meaningful Name
- The Mole
- Replacement Goldfish
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The Enterprise crew find him dissassembled and put him back together. It turns out he's part of an elaborate evil scheme by Shinzon.
- You Are Number Six
Commander Donatra (Dina Meyer)
- Big Damn Heroes: Attempts to do this for Picard and fails miserably: Shinzon's too good and the Scimitar is too tough.