Characters: Smallville: Phantom Zone
open/close all folders
Played by: Amber MacDonald
"Everyone's gotta eat!"
A hulking giant with an appetite to match, Aldar is a cannibalistic monster whose only concern is his next meal. Hiding out in the dockyards, he devours the workers and sucks the marrow from their bones in order to quash his sickening hunger. Far stronger then Clark, Aldar is one of the few characters to be a physical match for a fully-powered Kryptonian.
: Matthew Walker
"For the last five and a half years, you've been a resident of the Fairview Psychiatric Hospital. Everything else—your superpowers, your alien lineage, your secret identity—it's all a delusion."
"You're the fight I've been looking for."
An alien Super Soldier
imprisoned in the Phantom Zone, Titan is born and bred for combat, and combat only. After escaping the Zone, he works his way through biker bars and underground gladiator battles, before arriving in Metropolis' meteor freak battle circuit. Desperate for a challenge, he is all too eager to confront Clark.
- Badass: Gives Clark one of the best fights in the series.
Played by: Tom Welling
"I'm you, only a little more bizarre."
The last and most dangerous of the Phantom Zone escapees, he uses a cloned body of Clark as his host. A serious recurring problem in Season 7.
- Achilles' Heel: Sunlight and blue kryptonite.
- Body Surf: Before cloning Clark.
- Character Development: While impersonating Clark for several weeks, he begins to develop real feelings for Lana and become increasingly Intrigued by Humanity. Even his Evil Plan eventually seems to be devolve into wanting nothing more than simply to remain as "Clark." Just before he explodes from blue kryptonite exposure, his last words to Lana are "I love you", which almost makes him sympathetic.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: He was an experiment on Krypton.
- Kryptonite Factor: Blue kryptonite (which de-powers Kryptonians) increases his own power exponentially. Unfortunately, as Brainiac puts it, it's the equivalent of using a nuclear power plant to run a light bulb, creating a power overload he cannot survive.