- Break the Cutie: The world and the universe seem to conspire to break the poor girl's mind and heart.
- Covert Pervert: Judging by her steamy song lyrics.
- Cute Bookworm - Teen Genius: Gifted songwriter at age 17, though she's mostly average in the rest.
- Demoted to Extra: In the anime. She appeared only in the second season!
- Earn Your Happy Ending: In the "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue, she is more or less Happily Married to a somewhat more mellow and mature Sakuya and has become a Hot Mom.
- Na´ve Everygirl
- Rape as Drama. In the manga, she's raped by a high-ranked executive who had a beef against Sakuya. Poor girl nearly splinters mentally after that.
- Shrinking Violet: More in the manga than the anime, though.
- Bare Your Midriff: Everyone goes through it, but Sakuya gets more points since he actually wears this from the beginning.
- Bastard Boyfriend: Moreso in the manga, but in the anime he has his moments too. He's a Type 2: "Troubled, but Cute dude with a Dark and Troubled Past and an even worse current attitude"
- Broken Ace
- But Not Too Foreign: Half-American
- Child by Rape: Ralph's father raped Sakuya's mother, then Sakuya was born from it.
- Compensated Dating: Did that ever since he was in his late teens. The manga takes it further, making him a straightforward High Class Call Boy. This is how he met Ayako Sakura, actually.
- Financial Abuse: Was adopted and raised by Reiko's manager after her death, but mostly because said manager saw that Sakuya had inherited his mother's musical talents and wanted to use the kid to Work Off the Debt that Reiko left before dying.
- Jerk Ass
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
- Troubled, but Cute
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: If the flashbacks to his Dark and Troubled Past are indication.
- Alcoholic Parent
- Broken Bird
- Hot Mom: Sakuya's
- Lady Drunk
- Missing Mom: Died when Sakuya was as much 12 years old
- Parental Neglect: Heavily neglected Sakuya when drunk. Which was, like, half the time. (The other half, Reiko cheerfully played her piano and taught Sakuya to sing and play.)
- Rape as Backstory: Was raped by Ralph's father, and that completely destroyed her mind. The consequences made it worse.
Yoshihiko "Santa" Nagai
- Fiery Redhead
- Flat Character: He never really got a plotline for himself and all. He does get a little more development in the anime, which shows why he and Yuki let their former band.
- Walking the Earth: In the manga, after Aucifer is disbanded he begins travelling alone to fulfill his own interests. Appaently, his published travel journals became pretty popular.
Kazuto "Towa" Sakuma
- Big Brother Mentor: Specially to Atsuro
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: And HOW.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Has many fanboys, though he's not very thrilled by that.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- The Quiet One
- Pretty Boy: Yup. In the manga epilogue, he becomes a world-class model and beauty consultant.
- Raised as the Opposite Gender: Implied in other materials. The Sakumas had already several boys and were desperate for a little girl, so they dressed up their youngest son as a girl.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Almost always dresses in female clothes.
Yukifumi "Yuki" Todou
- The Dutiful Son: Refuses to take over the family's tradition of Noh performing. He only relents when Aucifer is disbanded.
- Only Sane Man: The most mature of the group alongside Towa.
- Tall Darkand Handsome
- Beware the Nice Ones: Please don't hurt his dear sister's feelings. Did you hear that, Riri?
- Flirty Stepsiblings: With Yuka, in the manga. Quite toned down in the anime.
- Nice Guy
- Ascended Extra: Got more spotlight in the anime.
- Cool Big Sis
- Flirty Stepsiblings: With Atsuro, in the manga.
- Plucky Girl
- Tsundere: A type B, sweet and cheery until her buttons are pressed.
- Cannot Spit It Out: She and Towa.
- I'm Not Pretty: She thinks she's not as beautiful as other women, despite being quite lovely in both looks and personality.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: She and Towa, too. In fact she's a beautician and created his trademark super feminine looks.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Idol Singer
- Manipulative Bitch: She finds out by accident about Atsuro and Yuka, then she blackmails Atsuro into making a very saucy report for the paparazzi under threats of spilling the beans out. Had she not gloated about it in front of Yuka, tho....
- Adorably Precocious Child
- Cheerful Child
- Spoiled Sweet: A very, very well-mannered and cute little boy
- Canon Foreigner: Created for the anime
- Compensated Dating: She's the one who hires Sakuya for dates.
- Rich Bitch
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: A female version. Her and Sakuya's dialogues soometimes veer into Snark-to-Snark Combat.