Before this page was used to make a Metalocalypse
character page, it used to be the blackest present for the most brutal of all tropers. NOTHING!
open/close all folders
Skwisgaar Skwigelf (Taller than a Tree)
- A God Am I: He never met his father. He came to the conclusion that he was not born from man, but instead a God.
- Alliterative Name
- Ambiguously Bi: His legendary womanizing is practically his biggest character trait, but it's implied he had (multiple) threeways with Melmord, and following Dethklok's banter about the homo-eroticism of eating phallic-shaped foods, he comments "I would eat a hotdog. Just putting that out there."
- Animal Motifs: In Doomstar Requiem, horses.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: In The Metalocalypse Has Begun.
: "Dude, where's are we's?! What the *pinch harmonic*
we just flies in?! ...what the hell was wrong with your guitar sounds tonight?"
- Big "NO!": Skwisgaar gets one in "Dethlessons" when Murderface, Pickles and Nathan trick him into thinking that Toki is getting better at guitar than him.
- Blonde Guys Are Evil: Or, in Skwisgaar's case, arrogant, narcissistic assholes.
- Captain Ersatz: Of Swedish guitarist, Yngwie Malmsteen and Finnish singer and guitarist, Alexi Laiho.
- Conversely, Guitar Hero World Tour also had a character who was a Captain Ersatz of Skwisgaar himself, complete with the exact same hair design, called Marcus Fretshredder.
- Some have pointed out that Skwisgaar looks similar to Jari Mäenpää of Wintersun.
- The Casanova
- Catch Phrase: "Dildos!"
- Disappeared Dad: No one knows who Skwisgaar's true father might be, though it's implied that he might be a divine being. His search for his missing dad kicked off the plot of "Fatherklok".
- Doing It for the Art: In-Universe; while recording his guitar parts for a new album, Skwisgaar hears a buzzing noise. It only happens while he stands on the ground, though. To avoid the buzzing, Skwisgaar skydives out of the Dethklok airship and records his guitar parts in mid-air. When Toki accidentally erases the only copy of Skwisgaar's track, guess what he has to do again...
Skwisgaar: "It may be the most dangerous thing I'll ever do in my lifes."
Toki: "Then whys you does it?"
Skwisgaar: "Because, I ams a tones chaser."
- Dumb Blonde: Skwisgaar may be the fastest guitar player in the world, but when it comes to things other than music, he's just as clueless as the rest of the band.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: But he'll deny it if you say it to his face.
- Dying Declaration Of Hate: Did this to Toki when they thought they were about to die.
- Expy: Of Yngwie Malmsteen, another highly-skilled Swedish guitar player who is infamous for his arrogance. Appearance-wise, he is based on Alexi Leiho from the band Children of Bodom.
- Funny Foreigner
- Freudian Excuse: Part of why Skwisgaar's such a Jerk Ass was that as a child, his mother frequently neglected him and often had sex with other men, sometimes in full view of her son. While he did later become the fastest guitar player in the world, the Parental Neglect really screwed him up and left him unable to love as an adult.
- Harmful to Minors: His mother's sexual behavior when he was a child.
- Has a Type: Skwisgaar is sexually attracted to elderly women. He also seems to like obese women.
- Heavy Mithril: In a character interview, he mentions one of his side projects is tribute band named Ten Points to Gryffindor.
- Heroic BSOD: Undergoes this upon the release of Toki's tell-all book, "Skwisgaar Is Ams Dick"
- Horny Vikings: Skiwsgaar is a descendant of these. No pun intended.
- Hypocritical Humor: Teases Pickles for being a "beautiful ladies" during his glam days.
- Iconic Item: Almost never seen without his black and white Gibson Explorer.
- Instrument of Murder: The season 2 finale has Skwisgaar kill invading Revengencers with his guitar.
- Irony: Despite all the bickering he does with Toki, he's the one that let him into the band in the first place.
- Jerk Ass: He's infamously arrogant, and regards all other guitarists with great contempt, since they'll never achieve his godly level of skill. Toki isn't exempt from this treatment, either.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: On the other hand, he cares for Toki just as much. He even let Toki join Dethklok after the others rejected him. It's just that caring is not "metal", according to Dethklok.
- Jerk Ass Has A Point: Skwisgaar thinks that anyone else playing guitar besides him in a band is redundant since no one can play as well as he can, explaining his bad attitude towards Toki and Murderface. He may be right, though.
- Lean and Mean: The skinniest and tallest of the band. He's also a really arrogant asshole.
- Likes Older Women: Really older women.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Man in White: In the flashbacks, and when symbolically juxtaposed with Toki.
- Money Fetish: In Renovationklok, he blows a few billion on a solid platinum practice chamber and solid ruby metronome. "It's so expensive, it makes mes horny."
- Mr. Fanservice
- My God, What Have I Done?: In "Fatherklok", after he pushes his stepfather into a glass coffee table out of spite.
- Out of Focus: Of all the bandmates, he seems to get the least amount of subplots focused on him, and has the least amount of his own songs.
- The Perfectionist: Skwisgaar constantly plays songs on his guitar even when not on tour. One of the reasons why is because he wants to keep up his reputation as the fastest guitar player in the world, and has deep-seated fears and insecurities about losing his position and fame to potential rivals like Toki.
- Plot Allergy: "Skwisklok" revealed that he's allergic to cilantro. When he comes in contact with Explosion Sauce, his hands and tongue started swelling enormously, which ruined his guitar-playing (granted, his hands were put in protective containers that were hard to take off so there wasn't much choice).
- Really Gets Around: A running joke is that he's not selective at all when it comes to groupies.
- Shared Family Quirks: He's just as promiscuous as his mother. Even though he doesn't want to admit it.
- Sleepyhead: He's seen passed out or sleeping in several episodes, once or twice.
- The Lancer
- Tsundere: Towards Toki at times
- Verbal Backspace:
Skwisgaar: "Well, there are two things to do in a black out. Get drunk. One thing to do."
- You No Take Candle
Toki Wartooth (Not a Bumblebee)
- Ambiguous Disorder
- And Zoidberg: One of the main reasons Toki doesn't show off his guitar skills very often is Skwisgaar, who is such a egotistical Jerk Ass that he is determined to keep him in his shadow.
- Animal Motifs: Kitties and Bunnies. In Doomstar Requiem, eagles.
- Awesome McCool Name/Names to Run Away From Really Fast
- Big "NO!": Did this in one episode
- Beware the Nice Ones: Get him riled up enough and he can be just as dangerous if not more so than the others.
- Body Horror: His rabbit form, which is a horrifying mix of human and jackrabbit, and has bits of rabbit corpses all over his body.
- Break the Cutie: It seems every episode focusing on him is going to involve yet another horrible traumatic memory being added to his brain.
- Butt Monkey: Although less so than Murderface.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Anytime he has an alcoholic drink in his hand, he's bound to get drunk. Very quickly.
- Cartwright Curse: Anyone or anything that Toki loves will die before the end of the episode. Fans, music teachers, pets, and even his father after he finally forgave him for a lifetime of abusive parenting. Only Doctor Rockso seems to have avoided this, though Joker Immunity may be preventing his death by Toki friendship.
- Although his cat died because he let Pickles feed it booze, which was not a good idea.
- Catch Phrase: "Wowee!"
- Characterization Marches On: In the pilot episode and some of season one, he is a lot more mellow and normal compared to his innocent squeaky voiced nature later on.
- Chaste Hero: Out of the band, he's the least sexually active.
- The Chick
- Clark Kent Outfit: Toki is seen to be quite fit, in spite of the dissipated lifestyle he and his bandmates live.
- Disproportionate Retribution: In "Diversityklok", Toki tricks Dethklok into appearing as the KKK and Adolf Hitler at a diversity concert. The reason? He was continuously left out of things that the other bandmates did.
- Disney Acid Sequence: Whenever Toki sings a song. Also serves as Sweet Dreams Fuel.
- Do You Want to Copulate?: Toki's Gonk internet date invoked this trope, to both his horror and the viewers'.
- Drowning My Sorrows: The season 2 finale after his dad dies.
- Drunk with Power: Any time he has (or thinks he has) any amount of authority. Particularly in "Dethgov":
Toki: You dos what I say or I haves you all killed! Now shits your pants!
Nathan: Toki, your boner is showing.
- Dying Declaration Of Hate: Did this to Skwisgaar when they thought they were about to die.
- Expy: Of Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth.
- Fanservice / Fan Disservice: Toki's pole-dancing.
- Fatal Flaw: His extremely trusting nature. Magnus uses it to his advantage.
- Foil: To Skwisgaar. While Toki lacks the talent and drive to be as good as Skwisgaar, he's really open-hearted and friendly compared to Skwisgaar's aloof indifference.
- Freudian Excuse: He acts like a child because when he was a child he was constantly abused and tormented by his parents.
- Friend to All Children: Played with. He's the band-member most popular among kids. He initially hates his Friend to All Children reputation and hates children, but has a weird epiphany of sorts.
- Funny Foreigner
- Hair-Raising Hare: His animal form is based on a mutilated jackrabbit.
- Hidden Depths: Knows how to build a website. Considering how incompetent the band is at everyday activities, that's fairly impressive.
- Horrible Judge of Character: He's willing to make friends with anyone he meets. This nearly gets him killed when Mangus betrays him to the Revengencers in Season 4.
- Icy Blue Eyes
- The Load: The band sees him as this, but in reality his guitar work is fine. He's just very shy.
- There's also Skwisgaar's big fat ego to consider.
- Madden Into Misanthropy: The poor, annoying, Snakes N' Barrels fan didn't see it coming.
- Mr. Fanservice: Of all the band members, he's in the best shape, having a huge set of six pack abs, and his skin never gets sun burnt, it only tans.
- Naïve Newcomer: Somehow, Dethklok is his first band.
- No One Could Survive That: Let's not forget the backbreaking "chores" his parents made him do as a child. If any person in real life tried to do that, they would've been dead.
- Not So Different: When Offdensen shows Toki a DVD containing a song about Little Julliette Sarmangsadandle's wishes to be brutal, Toki has a Troubled Backstory Flashback of his own brutal childhood and connects with her.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Despite his incredibly childish behavior, he is just as dark and violent and metal as the others.
- Preacher's Kid
- Rags to Riches: Unlike the others who were somewhat well off when they started the band, Toki literally had nothing when he met the group save for a very beaten and taped up guitar.
- Replacement Goldfish: For Magnus Hammersmith.
- Scrabble Babble: In "Klokblocked".
Toki: "'Quhzks!' It's what the duck says!"
- Stepford Smiler: Toki seems to have developed this trait when talking about his father now that he's dead (he mentions that he's come to peace with his father's death while a clip of Toki watching his father drown and freeze to death at the same time under a lake of ice while a horrible Scare Chord plays).
- Sweet Tooth: Especially when he was endorsing candy, eating only candy until he ended up falling into a diabetic coma. From that point on Toki has to worry about maintaining his diabetes.
- That Makes Me Feel Angry: In "Dethmas", Toki blows up at the rest of the band, saying he's going to buy them gifts for Secret Santa despite being told it wasn't metal. Nathan's reaction sums it up:
Nathan: "I don't believe I've ever been spoken to like that before."
- Took A Level In Jerk Ass: Season Four has him doing various things that he should be punished for. For starters, he starts posting really embarrassing photos of Nathan on the Internet without his permission; manipulated Dethklok into appearing as racist people like Adolf Hitler and the KKK at a diversity concert; and embarrasses Offdensen in front of everyone during an important dinner by acting like a nuisance.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Candy, and lots of it.
- Tsundere: Toki's a Type B; verges into Cute and Psycho at times.
- Vocal Evolution: His voice stays high pitched in later episodes.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Toki has an irrational fear of bicentennial quarters. It didn't really get explained by Twinkletit's therapy session.
- Wide Eyes and Shrunken Irises: Toki does this a few times; particularly after reuniting with his parents in "Dethfam" and meeting his internet date in "Fertilityklok".
- Worthy Opponent: As revealed in The Doomstar Requiem, he got in because Skwisgaar thought of him as this, having made him play at a level nobody else had done before in a duel.
- Would Hit a Girl: In Dethrelease, he smashes one bottle of vodka on the head of Lavona Succuboso to save Nathan. But we should count that he was heavily drunk.
- You No Take Candle
William Murderface (Murderface Murderface)
- A Date with Rosie Palms: When Murderface considers a career in politics, Toki bumbles up and releases a whole series of pictures showing Murderface jerking off to the media, thus ending Murderface's political career before it even begins.
- Ambiguously Gay: Murderface plays this trope hard — to the point where he flips out if it's even hinted that he is gay, yet his behavior in certain episodes (e.g. "Dethfashion", "Dethhealth") suggests that he is.
- And Zoidberg: It is repeatedly stated that Murderface is the least popular and respected member of the band, to the point where many fans don't even recognize him as an actual band member at all. There are even times where the others turn off Murderface's amp for entire concerts without anyone noticing.
- Animal Motifs: Tigers and Pigs
- The Big Guy: Subverted in that despite his figure, he is actually a very uncertain and emotionally sensitive person.
- Big "Shut Up!": Murderface utters one during the band's interrogation about his sensitivity to penis-shaped food.
- Break the Haughty: In "Dethsiduals".
- Butt Monkey
- Catch Phrase: "Piss!" and other variants. Also "I was thinking... not very hard, mind you".
- Casanova Wanna Be: In contrast to Skwisgaar, any flirtations made by Murderface on the opposite gender are instantly shot down and always met with disgust.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: "Dethhealth" has a variation on this with Murderface. While he is getting the infamous "turn your head and cough" test administered, he imagines that a hot woman, not the doctor, has their hands on his penis. Hilarity Ensues.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He's mostly a moronic, mooching Small Name, Big Ego, but the man can play bass with body parts that weren't meant to touch an instrument. He can also write music like the others, but he won't until his own money is in jeopardy.
- Drowning My Sorrows: In "Mordland" during the dreaded "Fan Day" event.
- Expy: Of Geezer Butler
- Face Palm: Murderface's reaction to Dr. Rockso's first appearance.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Even he's in the most brutal and popular band of all time, he's barely tolerated by even his own bandmates, which is telling when only Toki is friends with him.
- Gonk: To the point there is not a woman on earth that will sleep with him.
- Green Eyes: Murderface's are yellow-green.
- Identical Grandson: To his grandma, Stella.
- I Just Want to Be Special
- It's All About Me: The whole band is very selfish, but Murderface is easily the worst of the five. This is implied to come to a head in Season 5.
- Mr. Seahorse: Well, that's how Murderface interpreted his infestation with parasites, anyway.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast
- Never Speak Ill of the Dead: Murderface brings this up in a roundabout way when Twinkletits supposedly falls to his death.
Murderface: "Now that he's dead, it's easier to say...emotional things about him."
- Nightmare Face: In "Dethvanity". Thank god it doesn't last long.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Is very interested in "morbid crap". His room is full of medieval torture devices.
- Nobody Loves the Bassist: Comes in around season two where its revealed that Nathan often time edits out his tracks on albums. The finale of season two also saw Murderface get mocked by two groupies just because he's the bassist.
- Shower of Angst: After an "incident" at the doctor's office.
- The Southpaw: Possibly. He signed a contract with his left hand, but given that he plays right handed, and even refers to his right hand as his bass playing hand, its possible he's ambidextrous.
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside
- Snap Back: Whenever something bad happens to him, he is completely recovered by the next episode and no mention of the recovery is ever made. This includes being infested with parasites, dropped from a height of several stories into a mob of angry fans, having his junk broken, shaving his mustache, and having his face infected by a botched surgery.
- Tears of Blood:
Murderface: *looking over his birthday presents* "You mean, I get to destroy United States history literally?"
- The Load: Most of the time his bass is mixed out of every song and his amp was shut off during a show and no one noticed. He's really only kept around because his negativity helps with the bands ability to make music they deem 'brutal' enough.
- Those Two Guys: With Toki, sometimes
- Turn Your Head and Cough: Murderface became..."stimulated" when he reached this point of a medical exam in "Dethhealth", which was rather unfortunate for the doctor.
- Except it wasn't. That was the doctor's goal in the first place.
- Virus Victim Symptoms: Due to being pricked by a spiked armband, the end of "The Doomstar Requiem" sees him infected with a virus that's beginning to spread over his body. Salacia mentioned that their would be a traitor within the group and most likely he plans to take control of William for his own ends.
- Vocal Evolution: A notable example. It took several episodes before Tommy Blacha could create an acceptable sound without stuffing his mouth with paper towels.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: A particularly nauseating example would be from "DethHealth". Right after he drinks about a gallon of bleach.
Pickles the Drummer (Doodily Doo, Ding Dong Doodily Doodily Doo)
- The Alcoholic: Applies most obviously to Pickles, whose drinking manages to put even the other members of the band to shame. It seems to be a holy calling for him: when his former band reforms without him and headlines an anti-alcohol event, he takes it as a mortal offense.
- Pickles' drinking is also a not-so-subtle nod to his Wisconsin roots.
- All Drummers Are Animals: Zigzagged. He binges on more alcohol and drugs than the rest of the band, but he is also the most experienced and multi-talented, from his time in Snakes N' Barrels. By Season 4, he is one of the most responsible members of Dethklok.
- Always Second Best: Pickles seems to view himself as this, being doomed to always play second fiddle to Seth, his lazy, mooching, con-man douchebag of an older brother. Even though Pickles himself is a musician of many talents and a multi-billionaire.
- American Accents: Being from Wisconsin, he speaks with a sort of a hybrid of Inland North and North Central accents.
- Armor-Piercing Question: When Pickles is sent to rehab, the doctors sing "Why do you drink?!" until Pickles breaks down and blames his brother for his drinking habit.
- Animal Motifs: Octopi
- Berserk Button: Being reminded that he's The Unfavorite. That and sobriety it seems.
- Big Damn Heroes: Pickles saving his band from the drum machine at the end of "Rehabklok".
- By the Power of Grayskull!: "By the power of all that is evil, I command you to awaken and MAKE ME A SANDWICH!"
- Calling the Old Man Out: He finally tells his mom to go fuck herself after he fully realizes she will never be proud of him.
- Catch Phrase: "Douchebags!" or "Motherdouchebags!"
- Dreadlock Rasta: Pickles started wearing dreads after his Snakes n' Barrels stint, and was a rebellious hellion when he was a child due to having abusive family members (he's balding by the start of the show but he still counts).
- Drowning My Sorrows: Pickles' drinking habits can be seen as this, as he was seen drinking since age 6 due to mental and probably physical abuse by his brother and parents.
- Expy: Of Devin Townsend from metal band, Strapping Young Lad (appearance), Axl Rose (being the former front man of Guns N' Roses parody band, Snakes N' Barrels) and Roger Taylor (drum playing style according to Brendon Small).
- Fiery Redhead: A male example.
- Freudian Excuse: The reason Pickles drinks so much is revealed to be because his brother Seth burned down their garage and blamed it on him. His parents believed it.
- Green Eyes: Albeit with a darker shade of green.
- Hair Today Gone Tomorrow: Had a massive mane of typical Glam Rock '80s Hair when he fronted Snakes N' Barrels. By the time he joins Dethklok, he's already going bald.
- Immune to Drugs: During Pickles' reunion tour with his old band Snakes n' Barrels, a radical new drug is introduced to the band, who then asks Pickles to do the drug with them before their first show. Snakes n' Barrels is completely destroyed by the drug; Pickles remains unharmed, however, since his growing up "smoking government weed every day" made him immune to just about any hard drug in existence and any drug to be invented. The only exception, for the sake of that episode, is the Yopo plant that the Amazonian natives use in Dethcarraldo.
- I Need a Freaking Drink:
Pickles: "Nice one, what are you trying to do, depress us? Now I need a drink. A different one, not this one. And in a different place."
- Instrument of Murder: Pickles kills a Revengencer by making him choke with a drum stick.
- Large Ham: In "Motherklok" during his dream sequence.
- Man Hug: Pickles shares one with Nathan in the fourth season finale, after Nathan apologizes for destroying the master record and pursing Abigail, telling Pickles that what he wants more than anything is for the band to stay together. That means that man hugs are officially Metal.
- Men Don't Cry: Pickles tells Toki that none of the band will talk about missing Offdensen because "Admitting sadness...makes you gay."
- Not the Fall That Kills You: Pickles gets two in "Rehabklok"; once when his hoverdrums "land" face-up, and once when he lands in Soft Water.
- Odd Name Out: Really, Pickles?
- Only Child Syndrome: Subverted; Pickles is the only band member with a sibling.
- Only One Name: Unless you count his title on the band.
- Only Sane Man: To various degrees in comparison to the rest of the band.
- However, from Season 2 onwards, he has become increasingly neurotic, leading Nathan and lately Skwisgaar to take his place.
- Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll: Pickles was a part of this culture in The Eighties.
- Shorter Means Smarter: He's the shortest musician out of the five, but he's more intelligent than any of them.
- Shout-Out: When Dethklok breaks up in Season 4, Pickles starts up his own winery similar to Maynard James Keenan from Tool
- Singing Voice Dissonance: His lower range sounds a lot like James Hetfield, as heard in "Hatredcopter" and parts of "Rehabklok".
- Take a Third Option:
"I'm gonna get drunk AND save the band!"
- Team Mom
- The Smart Guy: The smartest guy in Dethklok anyway. He's the most multi-talented of the group, because of his experience with Snakes N Barrels. It's implied that he's actually highly intelligent, he's just drunk and high all the time; flashbacks show him graduating (presumably college, since he left home at sixteen) and he's able to explain polymeters to Nathan.
- The Unfavorite: In his family. What's worse, his conman, leech of a brother is the favorite.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: When Murderface tried to act fatherly to Skwisgaar, Pickles acted this trope, in part due to his own father's neglect.
- All Just a Dream: The intro to "Go Forth and Die".
- Ambiguous Disorder
- Animal Motifs: Alligators
- The Anti Hero
- Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
Nathan: "I think I know what you are all trying to say... I, um... I think we have to build a space helicopter."
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Well, he wouldn't even be considered the leader of Dethklok if he wasn't so brutal.
- Awesome McCool Name / Names to Run Away From Really Fast
- Badass: Well, Magnus Hammersmith once stabbed him literally in the back. His reaction was to smash him to the ground and then beat the living shit out of him, while the dagger was still lodged in his back. Also, he kicks the ass of some dildo who was harassing Toki in one episode. It's so brutal that it covers the moon in blood, which is pretty fucking metal.
Ofdensen: You and Pickles are the most responsible.
Nathan Explosion: Well fuck you too.
- Badass Native: In "Dethcarraldo".
- Barbarian Longhair: Well, he's descended from a cannibal tribe in South America, and he's often remarked as looking like Death Metal Native American. Also, whenever he plays a Viking in the music videos.
- Break the Badass: At the very end of "Dethhealth" where Nathan and his dentist are on a hunting trip; the dentist blows his head off in a sudden act of suicide. Nathan's expression is priceless.
- Big Beautiful Man: According to the Tribunal's chart in "Dethvanity", Nathan is considered the second-most attractive member of the band in-universe — even though the show often refers to him (and shows him) as overweight. In the same episode, he lets himself go hard and ends up breaking the hot tub.
- The Big Guy: Type 3.
- Bill... Bill... Junk... Bill...: In "Dethwedding".
Nathan: "Subpoena, subpoena, subpoena, Netflix. Huh, yeah, awesome, naked lady fan mail — possibly awesome, possibly horrible. Subpoena..."
- Blood from the Mouth: Twice, once during "FanKlok", and in Season 4 from the strain of apologizing to Pickles.
- Cannot Spit It Out: When Nathan tries to apologize to Pickles for being the asshole that he is, it causes him to vomit blood before he's finally able to show any emotion and say he was sorry.
- Cassandra Truth: In "Skwisklok", he tells Toki that he'll get diabetes if he eats too much candy. Toki's response basically amounts to "Fuck off! I can do whatever I want!" You can kinda guess what happens next...
- Catch Phrase: "Brutal.", "NOOOOOOOOOO!", and, in Diversityklok, "That's doable."
- Chekhov's Skill: Nathan punching Damien in the first few minutes of "Renovationklok". He later does it again to stop Damien from attacking the recently-returned Offdensen.
- Death Glare: If he's not doing the Kubrick Stare, then he's doing this.
- Demoted to Extra: Nathan increasingly edges toward this trope in Season Three, what with the other band members stealing the spotlight.
- Dramatic Thunder:
- Drives Like Crazy: In "Dethmas", the band's mothers have insisted on spending some quality time with them, and Nathan is trying to find a parking spot at the mall on Christmas Eve...
- Dreaming of Things to Come: This pops up on occasion, though they always come true; most notable is the infamous dream scene in "Dethhealth", which foreshadows the appointment with the suicidal dentist and the dentist's sudden suicide via Ate His Gun.
- He's also been doing this a lot in Season 4 via the Sea Prophet, which climaxed in his destroying the Master Record.
- Drowning My Sorrows: In "Mordland" during the dreaded "Fan Day" event
- Even Bad Men Love Their Papas: It is revealed in season 3 that the two actually enjoy some quality time together when they get the chance. Which is quite amazing considering the shitty relationship the rest of the band has with their fathers.
- Expy: Of George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher. He also, as recently pointed out, looks a lot like Dave Matrise.
- The fact that Nathan Explosion is part Native American may also be a nod to Chuck Billy from Testament.
- Facial Horror: Nathan loses his entire lower jaw in "Dethhealth"'s Nightmare Sequence, and he reacts to it with as much horror as the audience. Thank goodness it's All Just a Dream.
- Gagging on Your Words: Nathan's apology to Pickles in the season four finale. The effort it takes him to say "I'm sorry" is comparable to another person uprooting a tree stump with their bare hands.
- Gentle Giant: While not a straight example, Nathan is more amiable and warm-hearted than his reputation and appearance would have you believe.
"This is MY
band. You're MY stupid, dumb, *''pinch harmonic''
* up, dysfunctional family, alright?!"
- Get a Hold of Yourself Man: When Murderface's unfathomably bizarre scheme to to get in good with Serveta Skwigelf makes Pickles and Toki start directing all their pent-up daddy issues at him, Nathan slaps the crap out of them both and tells them to wake the (pinch harmonic) up.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: In "Dethhealth", Nathan experiences this while visiting his dentist.
Murderface: "Gas means your wiener's being played with by a suicidal weirdo! Gas means you're gay!
Pickles: "Dude! Who cares if he plays with your dick?? You'll totally be out!"
- Green Eyes: Nathan has a pair of striking green eyes.
- Guttural Growler: His normal voice sounds just like a death growl.
- Governor Evil: Of Florida. Though he didn't mean to.
- Henpecked Boyfriend: Nathan temporarily becomes one of these when he dates Rebecca Nightrod in Girlfriendklok.
- "Hey, You!" Haymaker: Delivers one to Murderface when the band gets into a fight onstage in "Performanceklok".
- Hidden Depths: Has shades of this, which puts him on par with Pickles. Some things include speaking French and negotiating contracts with the Blues Devil. He is also seen reading more than the others.
- Hypocritical Humor:
Nathan: (to Murderface) "YOU consistently make us look like a bunch of dumb, rich, sheltered assholes!" *cue zoom-out to show the band being pampered by Klokateers*
- Later, in the same episode, Nathan is lying in bed and seems to be having a conversation with himself asking if the band really is out of touch with regular people. The camera then zooms out to reveal that Nathan isn't talking to himself, but a room full of supermodels that he just finished having an orgy with.
- I Need a Freaking Drink:
"Oh, I hate Finland. I need a hundred beers. Exactly - exactly one hundred."
- Insane Troll Logic:
Nathan: "Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we're mostly water. Therefore, we are bleach."
- I Was Quite a Looker: He's alright looking now, but as seen during "Dethcamp" he used to be quite ripped.
- Regains some of this in "Going Downklok". As he can't masturbate, he starts working out a lot instead.
- Kubrick Stare: Does this a couple of times. One particular example is at the end of "Dethcamp", seconds before punishing the douchebag bullying Toki with a broken snowglobe. It's so epic that it turns the moon red!
- Large Ham: On occasion.
- Little "No": Due to running out of voice because Pickles forgot to record, what with being drunk and all.
Pickles: "But, here's the good news: I'm sorry."
- Man Hug: Nathan and Pickles share one in the fourth season finale, after Nathan apologizes for destroying the master record and pursing Abigail, telling Pickles that what he wants more than anything is for the band to stay together. That means that man hugs are officially Metal.
- Malicious Misnaming: Nathan has been called "Tonto" twice. Nothing good happened to the people who called him that.
- Mundane Made Awesome: This is Nathan's reaction to Christmas in Dethmas. He's initially turned off by the idea of Toki wanting to put up a tree, etc., until he takes a moment to really look it over. He sees it as the corpse of a tree, further humiliated and desecrated by being strung up in Mordhaus and decorated. He feels the whole thing is pretty brutal.
- In "Renovationklok", he invented a lighting system that allows people to turn on the lights by screaming.
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: Nathan's animal form is an alligator.
- Nightmare Fetishist: To some extent, given his love for anything brutal and metal.
- No One Could Survive That: Implied to have gone through hundreds of liver transplants, and is still going strong.
- Only Sane Man: Replaces Pickles as this from Season 2 onwards, where Nathan has proven much more reasonable, socially adjusted, and intelligent while Pickles becomes increasingly neurotic
- Or So I Heard: Nathan claims this in regards to how he knows so much about previous failed Zazz Blammymatazz reunions.
- Papa Wolf: Screw with his band mates, and he'll make you severely regret it.
- Do NOT bully Toki. After a bully harassed Toki and took advantage of his diabetes, Nathan chased him down and destroyed any musical future the guy may have had by cutting up the nerves in his hands with a broken snow globe.
- The Perfectionist: Nathan is willing to delete tracks, even entire albums if they don't meet his standards. It's actually counter-productive since people tend to get violent if an album is delayed.
- Perpetual Frowner: Seems to be capable of only one expression.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: In-universe as "Natebecca" or "Rebasplosion" with Rebecca Nightrod.
- Promotion to Parent: Happens to Nathan after their manager Charles Offdensen dies from Season 3 onward. Notable examples include taking care of the band's finances while Offdensen's gone, and looking after Toki.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Literally had to do this in Writerklok by coming up with a new song on the spot to save his band.
- Self-Deprecation: Despite what you think, Nathan's pretty well aware that he's The Unintelligible, and that his band is as stupid as he is. Summed up here perfectly:
Nathan: "WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIIIGHT!!!"
- Serious Business: Chips, alcohol, and metal.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: While not as smart as Offdensen, Nathan is seen wearing glasses a few times, particularly when he's reading something. In "Renovationklok", he's wearing glasses again while sitting in Offdensen's office, taking charge of the band's finances. This goes to show how actually intelligent he is compared to his bandmates.
- Spanner in the Works: Unwittingly. Nathan's destroying the Master Record delayed the Tribunal's progress with the Falconback Project significantly as they needed a massive amount of funds for it to work.
- Squick: How he views procreational sex (in other words, how babies are made).
- The Stoic: In the sense that he's not really good with emotions. The others joke that if he ever had to honestly apologize, his internal organs would explode. They aren't far off; in the Season 4 finale, he goes into convulsions and vomits up blood while apologizing to Pickles for destroying their album and fucking Abigail.
- Team Dad: Has some of this towards Toki.
- According to Charles, Nathan and Pickles are the most responsible members of Dethklok. Because of this, they are put in charge when Charles is away on business.
- Tears of Blood: Does this in the Detharmonic video, because taxes are just that brutal.
- The Quiet One: He didn't speak at all until he was five.
- The Unintelligible: Though his unintelligibility is pretty standard fare for a death metal band.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Nathan has been seen eating chips quite a few times.
- Vocal Evolution: Music-wise, Nathan's singing voice started out as deeper and more guttural than it is now. This is Truth in Television - most death metal vocalists pitch up over time due to the stress being put on their vocal cords.
- Weight Woe: Alongside Murderface. Nathan isn't happy with how he's let himself go.
Magnus Hammersmith (M.H., formerly known as The Unknown Member)
- Beard of Evil: Has a Goatee of Evil
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Serves as part of this in The Doomstar Requiem, alongside the Metal Masked Assassin.
- Cry for the Devil: In the Klok Opera, the song Do It All For My Brother has a shot of Magnus looking sadly at a picture of him with Dethklok, seemingly when they first started and were all happy to be working with each other; while he was a horrible person and his ousting was justified, this shows he still viewed Dethklok as his best friends and that he was very hurt by their actions.
- Expy: Of Dave Mustaine, who was kicked out of Metallica in the band's early days and was resentful about it for decades afterward. Appearance-wise, he seems to be based on Serj Tankian from System of a Down.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Happens to him courtesy of the Metal Masked Assassin in The Doomstar Requiem. He eventually frees himself and is left to bleed to death.
- Jerkass: Massively! It's revealed in "Dethcamp" that he was forced out of Dethklok after being a raging douchebag to everyone and getting in a fight with Nathan, which he promptly lost.
- Though he saved Toki's life in "Dethcamp", it is heavily implied that he did so not out of kindness. "Breakupklok" confirms that he is the Revengencers' inside man, and heavily implies that he is using Toki to give his allies access to Dethklok.
- He ups it in the fourth season finale by kidnapping Toki and stabbing him.
- Manipulative Bastard: Manipulated Toki into becoming his friend, and then betrayed him to the Revengencers just to spite Dethklok for kicking him out.
- It's implied he also told the bully from "Dethcamp" about Toki's diabetes so he can make himself a hero in Toki's eyes by saving him, and then set the same bully up as the Fall Guy by timing the destruction of Toki's snowglobe so it'll deflect Dethklok's anger (namely Nathan) onto the kid.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Has this revelation in his dying moments upon seeing Dethklok manifest the power of gods.
- Not What I Signed On For: Dips into this when he sees the Metal Masked Assassin kill Ishnifus Meaddle. Gets impaled for his trouble.
- He showed signs of this during his first song in the Klok Opera. He has no intent to kill Toki and Abigail, and views Toki as another victim. He doesn't want to murder anyone, especially the band, but he does want them to suffer in obscurity like he has after being kicked out.
- Red Baron: The Man Who Stands Behind Shadows, according to the prophecy.
- Redemption Equals Death: At least he seems to believe so. Upon Toki and Abigail being rescued, he realizes how he has failed and how vastly he underestimated Dethklok's powers. Accepting his "role" as the villain, despite the fact that he'd most likely bleed to death from the impalement inflicted upon him by the Assassin anyway, he finishes the deed himself.
- Revenge: He never got over being kicked out of the band despite giving the group every reason to do so. He has slowly been biding his time to get revenge on Dethklok, even joining the Revengencers. He achieves it during "Church of the Black Klok", as he kidnaps and stabs his replacement in the band, Toki.
- The Resenter: Towards Toki, for taking his place in the band, and Dethklok in general for kicking him out (although their reasons were quite justified).
- The Southpaw
- Villainous BSOD
Charles Foster Offdensen
- Arch-Enemy: To the Metal Masked Assassin. When any big fights occur you can be sure these two are gonna gun for each other first.
- Ascended Extra: Seem realtively unimportant in the first season. Then the finale happened...
- Attack Pattern Alpha:
Offdensen: "Put the boots to him - medium style."
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: Is made leader of the Church of the Black Klok at the end of the movie.
- Back from the Dead: With an assist from the Church of the Black Klok.
- Badass Bookworm
- Badass Bureaucrat
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Badass Longcoat: His winter gear in "Doublebookedklok".
- Badass Normal: He's just a one man Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- Battle Butler: Offdensen, who will kill someone personally if necessary.
"I'm not a butler. Whatever."
- Beleaguered Assistant: Has shades of this on occasion. It's quite impressive that he even managed to stay sane what with Dethklok's Man Child tendencies and the rather appalling treatment they give him on a daily basis.
- Big Damn Heroes: At the end of "Renovationklok", showing up at exactly the right time to prevent Dethklok from signing a new contract with a corrupt record executive.
- Bond One-Liner: Loves trying to end meetings with these. They typically fall flat.
- But Now I Must Go: Terminates his contract with Dethklok in The Doomstar Requiem, leaving to take the mantle as the new head of the Church of the Black Klok.
- Catch Phrase: "For the record, I tried."
- The Chessmaster
- Deadpan Snarker: Does this from time to time, especially if Dethklok does something stupid.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Does a lot of things to keep Dethklok going, yet he never receives praise or recognition for it.
- Expy: According to Brendon Small, CFO is based on Robert Duvall's Tom Hagen character from The Godfather. Only, he's much more of a "wartime consigliere".
- The Glasses Come Off: Subverted, the glasses usually stay on, it's the tie that comes off.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: When Offdensen got the everloving shit beaten out of him during the season 2 finale, the Metal Masked Assassin cut his cheek quite deeply. When Offdensen makes his triumphant return in the season 03 premiere, he has a scar from it. But after the premiere it is no longer visible, at least to the naked eye.
- Green Eyes: Offdensen's generally fade from a hazel color to a light green.
- Holy Back Light: During his Big Damn Heroes moment in "Renovationklok".
- Meaningful Name: Charles Foster Offdensen is the '''CFO''', in change of the band's money.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast
- No One Could Survive That: The fourth season finale revealed that he didn't, but not from the beating itself. He died because he witnessed Mr. Salacia brainwashing Gen. Crozier. He was revived and nursed back to health by the Church of the Black Klok.
- Only Sane Employee / Only Sane Man
- OOC Is Serious Business: When he finally snaps at the band during "Doublebookedklok" for their stupidity, which he has almost never done before. The band runs away with the knowledge that they think they finally made Charles hate them.
- Papa Wolf: As he put it when he first met the Masked Metal Assassin...
Offdensen: That's my bread and butter you're (guitar riff)-ing with!
- Red Baron: The Dead Man, according to the prophecy.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Is always never seen without a suit on.
- Smart People Wear Glasses
- Spell My Name with an "S": Does he spell his last name with one F or two?
- Brendon Small spells it as Offdensen; it's also spelled with two F's in the production credits for the Dethalbums.
- The Stoic
- Stoic Spectacles
- Straight Man: To Detklok.
- Team Mom: To Nathan's Team Dad at times.
- Tranquil Fury
Charles: "Did you... book a gig... in Syria... without telling me?"
- Artificial Limbs: His robotic eyes.
- Expy/No Celebrities Were Harmed: Of record producer Phil Spector.
- Eye Scream: At the end of "Dethwater", while trying to escape a giant mutant seahorse, he resurfaces his sub too quickly. This makes his eyes literally explode. He receives his robot eyes afterward.
- Heel-Face Turn: Originally a mole for the Tribunal sent in to monitor Dethklok's album recordings. At the end of "Dethwater", he renounces the Tribunal, as the power of metal has converted him.
- Hollywood Cyborg
- I'm Standing Right Here:
Charles: "Alright moving on, your new producer should be here any minute."
Pickles: "Yeah okay, what's his name?"
Knubbler: "I'm still here in the room!"
- Monochromatic Eyes: Green in their default state...
- No One Could Survive That
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: ...Unless he gets pissed off at the band.
- Yes-Man: Has been a constant enabler of Dethklok's bad habits and lazyness, which is a big reason why their albums take so long to produce.
Nathan Explosion: (halfheartedly) Falling down / hurt yourself / Really can hurt...really, can, really now...
Dick Knubbler: That "falling down: stuff was good... I mean, it's good enough.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Backstab: Through the stomach during "Church of the Black Klok". She gets better.
- Deadpan Snarker: At times. Understandably so, when you’re relatively “normal” and working with Dethklok.
- Green Eyes: Seems to be this, or some kind of aqua.
- No One Could Survive That: She gets stabbed, in her abdomen and through her back, along with Toki in the fourth season finale. There was a lot of guessing on the fans' part as to her fate, but luckily both of them make it.
- Official Couple: With Nathan at Doomstar's conclusion.
- Only Sane Employee / Only Sane Man: Well, as sane as they get in this show.
- OOC Is Serious Business: From her debut she was known for being business-oriented, but largely a laid back and kind of fun person. Then Nathan started to act like there was something serious between them despite the fact that she was clearly not interested at the time. She revoked her friendliness privileges very quickly after that. Not that it helped.
- Straight Man: Another one for Detklok.
- Triang Relations: Type 3. Though all of Dethklok proposition her during "Going Downklok", it's Pickles and Nathan who are in direct competition for her. Nathan "wins", but only after her vibrator's battery runs out. Unfortunately, even though she wasn't looking for anything more than that, this eventually leads to Pickles quitting Dethklok anyway because it was about Nathan's selfishness. Abigail was mostly irrelevant.
- Yoko Ohno: It's even foreshadowed in the Tribunal segment during "Writersklok". She's the (completely unintentional) wedge that drives Pickles and Nathan apart, leading to Pickles quitting Dethklok.
- Battle Butler: The Klokateers serve as roadies, bodyguards, enforcers, and personal servants to Dethklok.
- In the Hood
- Malevolent Masked Men: And women.
- Mauve Shirt: The midget.
- Red Shirt Army
- The Faceless
- Training from Hell: Everybody who volunteers to become a Klokateer must pass an extremely difficult and dangerous training program before being initiated. In fact, when a raw recruit arrives at Mordhaus for their training, their first trial is to kill the person standing next to them.
- Undying Loyalty: Every Klokateer is willing to give their own life in service to Dethklok. The initiation song for the Klokateers ("The Gears") even includes the line "we fear not our mortality."
- One even swallowed a suicide pill rather than reveal anything to his torturer, the Metal Masked Assassin.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: First Season. Drops out of Big Bad status afterward.
- Four-Star Badass : The general's no Offdenson, but he can survive missions that wiped out entire platoons, like in "Dethcarraldo."
- General Ripper: Crozier was originally a mostly-sane example of this trope, later losing the 'sane' part thanks to Mr. Salacia.
- Mind Raped: By Mr. Salacia
- Knight Templar: Although the Tribunal exists to observe and monitor Dethklok, Crozier considers Dethklok dangerous and would prefer to eliminate them. This results in him trying to kill Dethklok despite Salacia's orders.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
"He keeps appearing in my dreams, he speaks to me in an ancient language that I don't understand... But I think he is telling me that I am going to die."
- Beard of Evil
- The Dragon: Appears to be Mr. Salacia's second-in-command, and also the only one aware of his true nature.
- Enigmatic Minion: Very little about his character has been revealed. His job description is vague ("political and spiritual specialist"). His title and appearance would suggest that he is some sort of monastic, but his religious affiliation is unclear. He seems very loyal to and trusted by Mr. Salacia, addressing him as "Master" and having telepathic access to his thoughts. Anything beyond that is anyone's guess.
- Fiery Redhead: His hair is some shade of auburn, and he easily has the most attitude of anyone in the Tribunal. (ex. snarking at Crozier nearly every time they speak to one another)
- Malcolm McDowell
- The Mole: For Mr. Salacia.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Of Rasputin.
- Slasher Smile: Gives one to Crozier in the S2 Finale.
Mr. Salacia / The Half Man
The mysterious leader of the Tribunal. Although very interested in Dethklok's activities, the council is forbidden from interfering with or eliminating the band, under his specific orders. Disobeying him is a very, very bad idea, unless you don't need free will or organs anymore.
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Beard of Evil
- Big Bad: Confirmed in "Breakupklok". And he's on the warpath.
- Black Knight: There are occasionally some visions of him clad in spiky metal armour, not unlike what you'd see on a Chaos Warrior.
- Eldritch Abomination: Confirmed in "Breakupklok".
- Evil Old Folks
- Evil Plan
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Once he goes into Eldritch Abomination mode
- Government Conspiracy: "Black Fire Upon Us" implies he's head of the U.N.
- Humanoid Abomination
- Knight of Cerebus: Whenever he shows up outside of his normal Tribunal appearances, things get dark.
- Large and In Charge: Towers over all the other Tribunal members.
- Large Ham
- The Man Behind the Man
- Mark Hamill
- Meaningful Name: Salacia was the name of a sea nymph and wife of Neptune in Roman mythology. So gender-confused and affiliated with the ocean— a perfect name for an Eldritch Abomination.
- Mysterious Past: Crozier notes that his background is incredibly murky.
- Nightmare Face: Pulls off one hell of one during Offdensen's vision of Crozier's Mind Rape. He pulls off a similar one in Breakupklok while pursuing the band.
- Oh, Crap: "It is time for me to reveal myself."
- Orcus on His Throne: A prime example until recently.
- Red Baron: The Half-Man.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The fandom has used several different spellings for Salacia's name. Word of Jon Schnepp says it's Salacia, and that he can't stand the "Selatcia" spelling.
- Voice of the Legion: In his demonic state.
- Spikes of Villainy: His armor, as revealed in the visions and the Season One DVD.
- Villainous Rescue: Invokes this trope by saving Nathan, Pickles and Murderface from Crozier and Ravenwood.
- We Wait: Salacia's favorite course of action concerning Dethklok. Heaven help you if he learns that you disobeyed him.
- He abandons this approach in "Breakupklok", choosing to reveal himself to Dethklok and killing Roy Cornickelson in the process. Though oddly he doesn't get involved in the situation in ''The Doomstar Requiem" despite his plan needing all of Dethklok for it.
- Your Head Asplode: One of his favorite methods of execution, usually coupled with removing internal or gans. So far Ravenwood, Crozier's soldiers, Roy, and some of the audience for Dethklok's final show have fallen victim to this.
Metal Masked Assassin
- Arch-Enemy: To Offdensen, ever since he beat him during his first attempt on Dethklok's life. MMA had it out for the manager ever since. He manages to gain the advantage in the next two meetings (he blindside Offdensen during a hospital charity gig and throws him out the window only for Offdensen to land safely on his feet. The second time he nearly kills him but Nathan knocks him out). Their last meeting however ended with Offdensen the victor though MMA manages to get away.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Season 2
- Graduated to singular Big Bad status in season 4, as he takes over the Revengencers, though it seems to be a duumvirate again in The Doomstar Requiem, with Magnus Hammersmith as the other half, until the Assassin impales him and very briefly retakes the status for himself.
- Blondes Are Evil
- The Brute
- Determinator: He usually ends up getting knocked out, but he will not give up.
- The Dragon: To Crozier in Season 1
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Did seem to genuinely love his brother.
- The Faceless
- Killed Off for Real: Explosively disintegrated, courtesy of Dethklok manifesting the power of gods in The Doomstar Requiem.
- Knight Templar
- Malevolent Masked Man
- Parental Abandonment: Stated his mother died in childbirth and their father went missing, leaving only him and his brother by themselves.
- Professional Killer
- Psycho for Hire
- To the Pain
- You Killed My Brother: Wasn't intentional of the band. His brother was tripped by one of the roadies as he was trying to kill them and landed face first on William's codpiece. He still blamed them nonetheless.
Lavona Succuboso & Succuboso Explosion
Dethklok Families Tropes
Oscar and Rose Explosion
- Abusive Parents: Subverted, they are actually very good parents to Nathan overall. Still, Rose can get drunk and embarrassing, while Oscar resents Nathan for making give up his drinking to raise him. Also, Rose once screamed at Nathan that he "ruined her vagina."
- Either this was retconned, or Oscar and Nathan patched things up. In "Fatherklok," Nathan openly states that he loves his dad and that they often hang out together.
- It was hinted that Explosion Sauce patched up their relationship.
- Good Parents
- My Beloved Smother: Rose.
Thunderbolt and Stella Murderface
Calvert, Molly and Seth
- Abusive Parents: Pickles constantly has to play "Well Done, Son!" Guy to his parents, who favor Seth, Pickles' manipulative con-man of a brother. Calvert goes as far as to tell Pickles that he "...belongs in a garbage can" when he was a teen kicking him out of their home. It's also possible that all members of Pickles' family subjected him to mental and physical abuse as well.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Seth
- Con Man: Seth
- Hypocrite: Molly's behavior towards both of Pickles's business decisions in "Motherklok."
- Jerk Ass: Seth, to the point he makes everyone in the show look like saints in comparison.
- Pickle's parents aren't much better. Molly disapproves of everything Pickles does while doting over Seth, and Calvert told his own son that he belongs in a garbage can.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: Seth, in spades.
- Karma Houdini: Again, Seth. Every time he's thrown into karma's path, he twists it to his advantage.
- Mark Hamill: Here again, voicing Calvert.
- N.G.O. Superpower: Seth, who as the president of Dethklok's fan club in Sydney, Australia, can pull resources he needs to protect him and his family from the Revengencers, even at the risk of the safety of city.
- Pretty Freeloaders: Seth
- The Unintelligible: Seth
- Abusive Parents: To say she is a promiscuous slut would be an insult to promiscuous sluts everywhere. Sure her son became a kickass guitarist because of it, but he also gained her rampant promiscuity.
- Averted with Skwisgaar's stepfather Týr, who was actually a pretty nice guy. Too bad he married a massive slut.
- Alliterative Name
- Anything That Moves: Even Dr. Rockso...*shudder*
- Dumb Blonde
- Expy: Of Ingrid Goude, the real-life winner of 1956 Miss Sweden.
- Gag Lips
- Gainaxing: At one point during "Dethfam".
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have: She's still sexually active at her age, and Murderface has expressed attraction towards her. She's also really a grandma to tons of illegitimate kids.
- Harmful to Minors: Serveta inflicted this trope on Skwisgaar many times by constantly having sex in places where he can see.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: Seriously, just look at her dress.
- I Was Quite a Looker: Serveta was the first-place winner of the Miss Sweden pageant in 1956. Her looks are now ruined by time and (so she claims) her pregnancy with Skwisgaar.
- Lady in Red
- Nipple and Dimed: Though we never actually see them (thankfully), she apparently never wears a bra because they are always visible underneath her dress.
- Really Gets Around: Extra emphasis on "really". To the point that when Skwisgaar is searching for his father, Skwisgaar seems completely reasonable in the exchange below.
Skwisgaar: "Anythings yet?"
Klokateer: ""Not yet, sire. Several thousand men have come forward claiming to be your father. "
Klokateer: "They all claim to have had sex with your mother, Serveta. In a period of a month. This seems impossible."
- Shared Family Quirks: Apparently Serveta is where Skwisgaar got his promiscuity from.
- You No Take Candle
- Your Cheating Heart: In "Fatherklok", she cheats on her husband Týr by having a threesome with the same men Skwisgaar found her with as a child.
Aslaug and Anja Wartooth
- Abusive Parents: Aslaug, who was apparently a reverend, would regularly abuse and treat Toki cruelly. The level of physical and emotional abuse Toki endured from him was ridiculous, yet Toki loved his father enough to try to give him his dying wish.
- Aborted Arc: The first appearance of the characters featured one of the Tribunal ranting that Toki's father was destined to kill his son. Instead it was the other way around.
- Death Glare: Both... to Toki... constantly.
- Humiliation Conga: Aslaug, minutes before he died. Some would say he deserved it for how he treated Toki.
- Killed Off for Real: Aslaug
- Oh, Crap: When the band's families are introduced in "Dethfam", Toki spends most of the episode mute in shock just by his parents being there.
- The Voiceless: Both
Leonard Rockstein aka Dr. Rockso, The Rock & Roll Clown (he does cocaine)
Dr. Johnathan Twinkletits
Snakes N' Barrels
Mashed Potato Johnson
- Badass Grandpa: In the comics he fights a ghost serial killer on a large train that Dethklok is performing on. While he gets some good hits in, the ghost is in a younger body, and overpowers him. Then Johnson summons the Jazz Devil, and has the spirit taken down to hell, freeing his own soul.
- Not to mention in his first appearance he manages to breach the gates of Mordhaus by himself without a scratch on him.
- Magical Negro
- Nice Hat
- Old Master: To Dethklok
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Possibly a Stage Name.
- Token Minority
- Defiant to the End: As he faces down the Masked Assasin, he boldly states he doesn't fear him.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Is quoted on the back of the Season 3 DVD box, which also mentions the Church of the Black Klok.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Distracts the Revengencers to buy Dethklok more time to rescue Toki in The Doomstar Requiem.
- High Priest: Of the Church of the Black Klok.
- Off with His Head!: Courtesy of the Metal Masked Assassin.
- The Prophecy: He was the one who revealed it to Offdensen, and the one who quotes from it in the opening moments of several season 4 episodes.