can be brutally funny, just plain brutal, and sometimes, brutally sad.
- The whole premise of Dethdoubles, if one looks at it that way. In that episode, Dethklok hires a group of similar-looking decoys to protect them from dying, but they grow so attached to them that they refuse to let them go. They even offer to burn themselves after their decoys are injured by a volcanic eruption because they are afraid of losing the only friends they had. What makes this episode more heartbreaking is the fact that Dethklok is completely unaware that their decoys are Tribunal agents, which makes for potential Fridge Horror when you think about how lonely these guys must feel due to their celebrity status.
Doomstar Requiem — A Klok Opera
- The end of Bookklok. Even though Skwisgaar has consistently treated Toki like crap, the lengths he goes to save him during a panic attack as well as the desperation in Skwisgaar's voice makes the scene tearjerker-worthy.
- Nathan apologizes to Pickles.
- Magnus reflects on his life with Dethklok, before he was kicked out.
- Abigail's Lullaby. Not even the Lyrical Dissonance joke could ruin how damn beautiful this is.
- I Believe, a song about Toki celebrating his new life and family with Dethklok, and things are only on the up and up... then cut to a shot of Toki beaten up and half-comatose in Magnus's prison at the very end.
- Do It All For My Brother where Eric sings a heartfelt duet with his deceased brother, about how they'll do anything for the other.