open/close all folders
- Greater Scope Paragons: As the founders of the original Maken-ki and having a deeper understanding of Kamigari and its members, the student council still relies on the faculty's advice, when necessary.
- Passing the Torch: It was Minori's decision to entrust the school's protection to the new student council, making Takaki the de facto leader.
- Retired Badass: They were Tenbi's original disciplinary committee, during their highschool days. Minori, Gen, and Aki have since retired and joined the teaching staff, whereas Akaya left Tenbi and eventually founded the Venus Academy 10 years later.
- Absolute Cleavage: Minori's boobs are the reason she can't pull the zipper on her sweatshirt all the way up, because they're too big.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: In the manga, her hair color is the same as Azuki's. The anime distinguishes them by changing Minori's to violet red.
- Almighty Janitor: Would you honestly suspect a PE teacher of being one of the most powerful people on the face of the planet? Neither did Takeru, until he finally saw it for himself.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: As school principal, she gets final say in all decisionsnote and is one of the few people capable of making Haruko back down.
- Badass Abnormal: Even those closest to her have been left slackjawed by the sheer magnitude of her power. Tesshin also noted that Ouken's surprise attack would've been fatal almost anyone else, but Minori's natural surplus of Element prevented her from sustaining further injury.
- Berserk Button: It's bad enough that all the guys overlook her, in favor of Aki. Saying it to her face is a quick way to get hurt.
- Boobs of Steel: Minori's measure at an I-Cup, giving her the second biggest rack at the school, but her power far exceeds even Azuki's.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: She has enough power that she was able send Kai flying across the gym and through the opposite wall, using only a simple punch, while holding back on him. She was later revealed to be responsible for cracking the barrier atop Amanohara. And near the climax of the battle against Venus, Minori awed everyone by physically ripping open one of Minerva's barriers, who's an SS rank ability user.
- Christmas Cake: Which may be the reason no one finds her appealing, even though she's still reasonably attractive.
- Corrupt the Cutie: Guess who encouraged Aki to start wearing more revealing clothing and swimsuits, during her highschool days? And in chapter 13, she even talks Aki into (reluctantly) cosplaying with her in fetish wear.
- Cute Bruiser: She's essentially the adult version of Azuki taken to extremes. Ouken Yamato can attest to that better than anyone, having been on the receiving end of her fists and being one of the few to just barely survive it.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: The punch she used to flatten Kai was only intended to demonstrate the proper use of Element. But by Kai's admission, it was still strong enough that it could've killed him, even though he used Fullmetal to defend himself.
- Fiery Redhead: A literal example, as 'Dragon Ace' gives her the "firepower" to match her hair color and her temperament. You do NOT want to piss her off.
- Hypocritical Humor: Done deliberately in chapter 3, when she teases Gen by reminding him that smoking isn't allowed at the school, while she's standing there with a cigarette herself.
- Lightning Bruiser: By channeling Element through her legs, Minori can greatly enhance her running speed and striking power. Which she demonstrated against Kai, during her class. The force of her punch was so strong, that Kai's Fullmetal ability was rendered moot.
- Mama Bear: Briefly discussed between her and Ouken during the following exchange:
Minori: (angry) "I'm going to make you understand what happens when you mess with my students."Ouken: (grinning) "So I've messed around too much with the little birds... and now their Mom is angry, huh?"
- One of the Boys: She and Azuki are so much alike, that you could be forgiven for thinking she's her mom. Right down to both of them being superpowered redheads.
- Overshadowed by Awesome:
- All the male students have the hots for Aki, because her gargantuan rack. So Minori can't help wondering what Aki has that she doesn't, when they're only a cup size apart.
- There's also the times that Takaki inadvertently steals her thunder, like whenever Minori tries to inspire her students. Takaki ends up drawing their attention away from her and says what Minori meant to.
- Paper Fan of Doom: She will smack the hell out of you with a paper fan you're late for school.
- Passing the Torch: The faculty has left discipline at the academy and their defense against external threats, such as Kamigari, up to the new student council. In Minori's own words, this era rightly belongs to the new generation.
- Platonic Life Partners: With Gen, whom she's known since their days together in highschool.
- Playing with Fire: Dragon Ace, allows her to channel vast amounts thermal energy for offensive purposes and creating defensive barriers. It was one of the first Maken created by Gen, who allowed her to keep it. But Minori chose the name for it, since Gen hadn't given it one yet.
- Sensei-chan: She tries to come across as a big sister figure, in hopes becoming popular with the students, but it never works.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Her hair is always styled in a short, mussy ponytail and fastened with a dark purple hair ribbon.
- Weaksauce Weakness: If there's one thing Minori can't stand, it's octopus. She's so squeamish around them that, if one gets anywhere near her, she'll either hightail it, or faint - even if it's only a string puppet.
- Worthy Opponent: Minori is the only other person, besides her father, who Ouken Yamato has regarded with respect. He remarked on her strength and her fighting ability at least twice, during their battle.
- Almighty Janitor: It turns out he's one of only five people in the world who can use "Dark Element", which has the properties of all other Elements combined.
- Badass Boast: After learning Keronbo couldn't identify Takeru's Element, he said he could still devise a Maken for him in one month's time. Gen's word was good enough for Minori.
- Butt-Monkey: Every time he tries to brag about his genius, Minori shuts him up by clamping her hand over his mouth and talks over him — to the point where it becomes a running gag.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Every student and even the teachers at Tenbi use Maken that he's created for them, which are tailor-made to accommodate them, based on their Element and their inherent ability.
- Hot-Blooded: Hoo boy, don't get him started on what a genius he is, or he'll never shut up about it. Which is why Minori makes it a point to do it for him.
- Minor Major Character: Gen's skill as a Makensmith and his past as one of the founding members of the original Maken-ki makes him a pretty big deal. Moreso, once you learn he's one of only five people in the world who can use Black Element. So you'd think he'd be more integral to the plot, except...
- Out of Focus: After giving Takeru his Maken in chapter 8, you'll hardly see Gen anymore. He only gets a brief appearance in chapter 34, followed by a longer spot during chapters 53-55 while helping the Venus Unit with their investigation.
- Perma-Stubble: In the shape of a goatee.
- Platonic Life Partners: With Minori, who he's known since they were in highschool.
- To Be a Master: Gen is already an accomplished Makensmith, whose talent has been acknowledged by Akaya. Even so, he isn't satisfied knowing that the ones he creates are referred to as artificial.
Gen: (proudly) "You know that I, until today, still want to make Maken that surpass The Original Eight. Heh. I can't let you guys keep calling my creations as imitations anymore."
school nurse and the object of the male students' fantasies, because her unbelievably large breasts. In the manga, she's shown to be acutely aware of how they think of her and is self-conscious because of it. Whereas in the anime, she fails to realize why she gets so many visits to her office.
- Absolute Cleavage: Aki gives new meaning to "plunging neckline," 'cuz her blouse dips as low as the valley between her breasts.
- Adaptational Badass: She doesn't have any combat skill in the manga, but seemed evenly matched with Akaya, during their brief spar in the anime's 9th episode.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: There's a scene in the second OVA where she's on the couch, masturbating in her sleep. Minori wakes up mere seconds before Aki gets herself off.
- A Day in the Limelight: She gets her own spotlight episode in season 2, when she lies by telling her parents that Takeru was her boyfriend. So they kidnap him, then cuff them together and strand them alone on an island for a week, in hopes that they would, "make memories together".
- Attempted Rape: By a group of forest animals, during chapter 74, when Aki used leaves to fashion bikinis for herself and Haruko. She was unaware that the leaves give off an scent that seemingly drives the local fauna into a hormonal frenzy, and narrowly avoids being gang raped by casting a sleep spell at the last moment.
- Barely-There Swimwear: Made from leaves, as noted in the previous entry. Haruko was mortified by how skimpy they were, so Aki reveals she made a grass skirt to go with Haruko's... except it was more like a lei.
- Buxom Is Better: Aki-sensei's breasts, the largest of the cast, make her popular with all the boys and a source of envy for all the females. Haruko even went so far as to pad her bikini, in an attempt to keep Takeru's attention on her, instead of Aki.
- In a flashback in the 5th episode of season two, it was shown that Aki had already developed large breasts while she was still in elementary school. Her mother told her she was certain Aki would have no trouble attracting men.
- Celibate Hero: Minori tells Takeru that Aki is still a virgin, while she's training him. In the anime, Aki tells him, herself, while they're stranded alone on the island (episode 5, season 2).
- The Chick: From what little was shown of her fight with Miyabi, Aki either has very little experience, or direct combat isn't her strong suit. So she leaves the fighting to Minori and Takeru.
- Christmas Cake: Aki's the same age as Minori, which is why she doesn't want anyone to know she's still a virgin. Going so far as to agree to let Takeru and Usui oil her back, on the condition they promise to keep it a secret.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Back when she was part of the disciplinary committee, she wound up in compromising positions so often that it encouraged bad behavior among the other students, just so they could see more.
- Damsel in Distress: She gets abducted during the attack on Tenbi, then brainwashed and tentacle raped by Yamato Takeru to make her give birth to Habikiri. Which tasks Takeru and the others with fighting their way past the Shishigami to reach the summit before the process is complete.
- Didn't Think This Through: Though the situation differs between the manga and anime:
Usui: (in disgust) "Shit! Why did you have to say, "Let us oil your back"!? She actually said those magic words..."Aki: (brief flashback) "I'll do whatever you two want, so promise me!!"Usui: (resumes) "...and you PANICKED!!?"Takeru: (incredulous) "What!? Are you saying you would've said, "Let us f*** you"!!?"
- Aki was so mortified when Takeru and Usui found out she was still a virgin, that she said she'd do anything if they kept it a secret. She was fortunate that Takeru choked and only asked to oil her back, because Usui admitted that, had it been up to him, he would've asked to bone her.
- Telling her parents she was dating a student wasn't the best idea either. She didn't consider the trouble it might cause Takeru. Plus, in a non-comical setting, the implications could've ruined her reputation and jeopardized her career.
- Failed Attempt at Drama: Played for laughs when she finally releases her Maken versus Miyabi. Aki strikes a dramatic pose and everything... then procedes to give Miyabi a medical diagnosis. That's it.
Miyabi: (incredulous) "You bitch... your Maken... ALL IT DOES IS LET YOU MEDICALLY EXAMINE PEOPLE!!"Aki: (smiles sheepishly) "Y-yes, but it's still a Maken."
- First-Name Basis: Everyone refers to her by her given name, or as "Ms. Aki," rather than, "Ms. Nijou".
- Gag Boobs:
- Aki's boobs are so massive, that even Haruko feels inadequate compared to her, whereas Minori can't understand what Aki has, that she doesn't, since their breasts are only a cup size apart.
- In the second OVA, Aki gets so plastered that she offers to let Takeru feel her up. So he imagines himself taking a hike up her breasts.
- Gainaxing: Aki's "milkshake" is her fanservice department, hands down. Much like Shizuka Marikawa, anytime Aki's boobs move, it's accompanied by dull spring-like sound effects.
- Girlish Pigtails: In the 37.5 omake, she tells Takeru and Usui it was how she used to style her hair, when she was a student.
- I Didn't Mean to Turn You On: In the manga, Aki is perfectly aware of what the male students think of her and is shown to be uncomfortable with it.
- She corrected herself on a poor choice of words, with Kai. And in chapter 39, she was put-off by Takeru oiling her up, but went through with it as part of a deal. She was visibly relieved when Celia dragged him off.
- And in chapter 63, she reluctantly agreed to cosplay for Takeru to help him study for an upcoming exam. But after two mishapsnote , she decided it would be best for him to study on his own.
- Played for laughs and fanservice, in chapter 74, when the leaves of her bikini gives off a scent that causes a group of forest animals to go into heat and nearly gets gang raped by them.
- Immodest Orgasm: Twice, with the first one occurring in the aforementioned scene in the second OVA. The second one came from Rudolf molesting her in the park.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: The anime portrays her as being genuinely unaware of the effect she has on the male students, even when they're blatantly staring at her chest.
- Intimate Healing: Only done once (chapter 16), during which, she mounted Kai in the 69 position. She ignores his protests when he asks why and used her Maken ability to shove both her hands into his abdomen to directly treat his wounds.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: Hers reaches halfway down her back.
- Lust Object: For the vast majority of the male students at Tenbi, who's eyes become glued to her mammoth mammaries. They'll even fake sickness and injury just for the chance to ogle her.
- Mind-Control Eyes: Seen at the end of chapter 89, as a result of being mentally enslaved by Takeru Yamato.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's popular around campus for her K-Cup breasts, which are always on display because of her low-cut blouse. Aki is also featured in promotional art for the series, usually in fetish wear and pinup poses.
- Nice Girl: Aki is generally well-meaning and is always prepared to lend a hand to Minori and the students at Tenbi.
- Obliviously Beautiful: In the anime version, she never notices all the stares she gets from the male students, which contradicts the manga's portrayal of her character.
- Potty Emergency: Has one while cuffed to Takeru in Episode 5 of Two.
- Rape as Drama: At the hands of Yamato Takeru, at the end of chapter 94 (see the Virgin Sacrifice entry).
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl:
- As previously noted, she's become self-conscious because of how the male students look at her; including Takeru.
- Also seen during the flashback to her highschool days, in the 37.5 omake chapternote .
- In chapter 60, Kimmi explains that Aki (and Takaki) won't cosplay for her anymore, due to the incident at the previous Manga Con. It made them uncomfortable, but they went along with it until one of the malee attendees went too far.
- Satellite Character: Aki's only there to provide fanservice... and you won't hear anyone complaining.
- School Nurse: She oversees the students' physical examinations and uses Keronbo to assess their Element compatibility, so Gen can determine which Maken type is best suited for them.
- Technical Virgin: In the anime, she's only a virgin as far as not sleeping with anyone, but she got herself off in the second OVA.
- Virgin Sacrifice: After Yamato Takeru kidnaps Aki, he offers her as a sacrifice to break through the Ama no Iwato seal (chapters 89-94). Then defiles her by forcing his Black Element into her body via tentacle rape. By the end of the chapter, she's shown in the process of giving birth to Habakirinote .
- Weak, but Skilled: Aki's combat skills may be lacking, but she has the ability to use 'casting' which is an advanced form of Element manipulation. And she's one of the few people in the world that can do it without the aid of a Maken. When Kai revealed he could also do it, Minori assumed Aki had taught him, but Aki said she hadn't and was equally surprised by it.
Voiced by: Yuki Matsuoka (Japanese), Shelley Calene-Black (English)Tomika is Takeru's homeroom teacher, Yuuka's older sister, and was a member of the original Maken-ki, before it became a girls' academy. She has a pleasant soft-spoken personality, but shares several of her younger sister's tendencies; including the fact that they're both (secretly) dominatrixes.
- Absolute Cleavage: Her breasts could very well be the same size as Minori and Aki, meaning they're probably either an I or J cup.
- The Barnum: She doesn't seem to be as mischevious anymore compared to her younger sister. In the anime, she was able to coax Gen into joining the Maken-Ki by putting on a fake performance of addressing the several problems around the school and playing on Gen's "honorable" nature to help them.
- Dominatrix: Like her younger sister, albeit downplayed. In the 37.5 omake chapter, Minori reveals Tomika was popular with masochistic students for being a full-blown sadist.
- Eyes Always Shut: Just like her younger sister, she never opens her eyes unless the situation is dire.
- Ninja: The Amado family is an Oniwaban in service to the Rikojous, though we never get to see Tomika's capabilities.
- Retired Badass: She's a student teacher, but was a former member of the academy's original disciplinary committee.
- It Runs in the Family: It seems both the Amado sisters inherited three basic tendencies: they're both ninja, they're doms, and their eyes are always closed.
- School Idol: She was a model student and always helped out around the school to the best of her abilities, even maintaining top grades.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: While she's kind and well-mannered, she's secretly a Dom. And, as shown during the flashback to her highschool days, she clearly enjoyed her work.
A member of Yomatsuri that joined Tenbi Academy as a temporary instructor.