The legendary samurai epic by Kazuo Koike and Goseki Kojima has a blood spilling cast:
The former executioner of the Shogun. Was framed by Retsudo of the Yagyu Clan and sentenced to die. Instead, Itto takes his son Daigoro with him on a quest to avenge themselves against the Yagyu.
- Badass Adorable - People remark about how cute Daigoro is a lot. He helps his father kill people. Crosses into Killer Rabbit on a few rare occasions.
- Cheerful Child
- Consummate Professional - Daigoro learned from the best, after all.
- Creepy Child - invoked in-universe.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Death Glare - why cute lil' Daigoro is frequently described as creepy
- False Innocence Trick
- Family Honor
- I Gave My Word
- In Harm's Way - Follows his father's example.
- Kid Samurai - Daigoro is frequently remarked to be a very good one.
- Morality Pet
- Wise Beyond Their Years - Daigoro's a very mature little four year old. Itto's a good parent if anyone is to judge by how well behaved and intelligent this four year old is. There's even a storyline that focuses on how different Daigoro is from other children.
- In some ways, Daigoro is considered to be his father's equal, if not outright superior. He has often been described as having the Shisogan or "The eyes of a swordsman able to place his heart in the nothingness of Mu," an attribute many lesser swordsmen throughout the story aspire to. And Daigoro has them at the tender age of three.
Abe no Kaii