open/close all folders
Amethyst is the young (in demon terms) succubus princess of the demonic realm of Hell known as 'Asgar'.
She was once sweet and demure, but is now brash after some key events in her life. She holds a deep grudge towards her father, Royce. She has two minions named Rip and Tear.Overfiend Rank: 3 (exiled)Muse: Video entertainment
- Author Avatar: Mostly used on the author's DeviantArt to represent herself when not using the butt-imp.
- Break the Cutie: Royce's syphoning energy from Ame to possess the body of the Beastmen king led her to rebel against her father.
- Character Tic: She likes to lick her chops a lot.
- Depraved Bisexual: Though it comes with being a succubus, she is a bit TOO forward with people who she wants to screw.
- Even Evil Has Standards: In regards to harvesting Heartcores: "Pick your targets carefully. Pick someone they won't miss." Ame killed a couple of criminals trying to attack her while she was disguised in the previous pages.
- Horny Devils: She's a succubus, so she more than qualifies.
- If It's You, It's Okay: She's very willing to go bi for Ryo.
- Important Haircut: She used to have Rapunzel Hair, but cut it short and dyed her bangs green when she began her one-woman war against Royce.
- It Is Pronounced Tro Pay: Amethyst's prototype was named "Ame Tenchi", with "Ame" now used as the character's nickname. It is not pronounced "Ah-may" like the Japanese word for rain, though, but rather like the word "aim".
- Ms. Fanservice: One of several.
- Multicolored Hair: Pink with green bangs, like a strawberry.
- Pointy Ears
- Really 700 Years Old: Well, 119 to be more precise.
- Shapeshifting: Ame can use her pendant to disguise herself, which she uses to move undetected through human cities, as well as to lure humans for their Heartcores.
- Signature Attack: Devil Drive, a combination fire/dark attack that can cause intense pain on a spiritual level if it hits directly.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Barbeque sauce, which she will drink straight out of the bottle.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: As sweet as a demon could be, anyway.
- Woman Scorned: Her representative Sin is Wrath for a reason.
Lutz Langriss II
Lutz Langriss II
A young beastman in the service of demons.He's been spoiled rotten due to his integral role - leading demons to the human realm for their food source: heartcores. Royce knows this and caters to him accordingly...most of the time.
Royce is the Lord of the Overfiends, otherwise known as the Demon King. He is the father of Amethyst and Suko.Royce is known for hamming it up and generally trying to have a good time, but this obscures his more cruel and calculating nature.Overfiend Rank: Lord of the FiendsMuse: Cuisine
- Abusive Parents: Considering how he used a ritual on Ame (against her will) that cost her not only much of her powers, but also some skin (permanently), do you really want to call this guy a good father?!
- Berserk Button: Only a fool would ruin Royce's meals, or steal his birthday cakes (the latter is a capital offense).
- Demonic Possession: The body he is most often seen in is not his true body: it is the corpse of the Beastman king.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Volaster certainly did.
- Evil Is Hammy: His strange nature is actually used on purpose by him so that he can make enemies underestimate him.
- Evil Redhead
- Jerk Ass
- Lantern Jaw of Justice: In the remade chapters, he was given one of these to make him seem less feminine/bishonen. Well... minus the "Justice" part of it all.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: He's a lot brighter than he seems, but for the sake of tactics, he tries to play dumber than he looks.
- One-Winged Angel: His true form. The form he mostly uses is actually the body of a possessed Beastman King.
- Sweet Tooth: Due to his Muse being cuisine, he is very fond of food and sweets.
- Trademark Favorite Food: How much does Royce love his birthday cakes? Enough to not only have one everyday, but also proclaim their theft to be a capital offense.
He is the first general of the Overfiends and majordomo to Royce.He is easily the most intelligent of the demons, and uses a wide variety of magic effectively. He is also the father to Teodora, whom he places in top priority. He is loyal to Royce, and yet...OVERFIEND RANK: 1MUSE: Strategy/Traditional Games
- Cannot Spit It Out: When Lilium was still alive, he had feelings for her, but could never express them.
- Chick Magnet: Naturally; he's an incubus.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Again, comes with being an incubus.
- The Dragon: He is the highest-ranking overfiend serving under Royce.
- Horny Devils: He is an incubus. He shamelessly hits on Ame (and was once romantically involved with her) and is a bit of a playboy.
- An Ice Person: His main school of magic is ice.
- Old Flame: Ame and Asmodai were once an item. After Ame declared her one-woman war against Royce, though, she broke it off when he chose to stay allied with Royce.
- Papa Wolf: Is highly protective of his daughter, Teo.
A demon and the beloved daughter of Asmodai.Her brash nature is second only to Amethyst, and the flatness of her chest is second to none. She makes up for a lack of magic ability in speed and power. She holds a grudge against Amethyst.OVERFIEND RANK: NoneMUSE: Fashion/Blacksmithing
- A-Cup Angst: Has the shortest bust of the cast, and is none too pleased about it.
- Berserk Button: Being reminded of just how flat her chest is. Ame likes to get her goat by flaunting her generous tracts of land.
- Drop the Hammer: Her Weapon of Choice is a giant spiky hammer.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Lightning Bruiser: What Teo lacks in magical abilities, she makes up for in overwhelming strength and agility.
- Hartman Hips: Word of God says, as far as her body goes, she "only won the genetic lottery in the ass region".
- Older Than They Look: Word of God says that she's actually older than Ame.
He is the 2nd general of the Overfiends.Slade appears to be fiercely loyal to Royce and is the brawn to Asmodai's brains. His origin appears to be Scottish. Not much is known about him just yet!Overfiend Rank: 2Muse: Sadism
- I'm a Humanitarian: He's expressed a keen interest in devouring another demon's Heartcore. He hasn't actually carried through on it, though...at least, not yet.
- Combat Sadomasochist: It's his muse, after all.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: While the demons of Asgard are pretty far from virtuous, they don't care much for Slade and his habit of attacking allies for fun, fantasizing about eating another demon's Heartcore, and being a sadistic prick in general.
- Funetik Aksent: Word of God says it's Scottish.
- Jerk Ass: Perhaps an even bigger one than Royce, seeing as he's more than willing to kill his allies for the fun of it, on top of his Combat Sadomasochist.
- Shock and Awe: His main school of magic is lightning.
She is the 4th general of the Overfiends, and part of the 'Demon Three'.Overfiend Rank: 4Muse: TechnologyEmerald was originally created by Cory E. Homes.
- Big Beautiful Woman: While she's slimmer in Heartcore than her original design from Holmes, she's still pretty chubby, and quite adorable.
- Big Eater: She can order enough food for three people, then eat it all herself.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Of the Seven Deadly Sins, she represents Envy: she has an inferiority complex against Ame, and gets quite pissed when she gets ignored by her while she's conversing with Ryo.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: She has a pair of goggles that allows her to see through disguises.
- Gun Nut: Her face lights up like a Christmas Tree when she finds herself in a gun store, from which she takes a shotgun.
He is the 5th general of the Overfiends, and part of the 'Demon Three'.Overfiend Rank: 5Muse: Women
- Badass Beard: Has a goatee in his redux redesign.
- Berserk Button: If you hurt Emerald, he won't hesitate to pull his sword out of his body and stick it in yours.
- Facial Markings: His redux redesign sports these.
- Person of Holding: He keeps a sword concealed in his body.
- Too Kinky to Torture: He will mock Emerald's weight and let himself get socked in the face.
He is the 6th general of the Overfiends, and part of the 'Demon Three'. He is also the reincarnation of Volaster Jarvoc and a son of Royce.Overfiend Rank: 6Muse: Pyrotechnics
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Word of God states trying to hold his attention for any length of time is an exercise in futility.
- Blood Magic: Salamander demons are said to bleed fire. Carval can create powerful bombs from his blood. His predecessor, Volaster, allowed himself to be run through several times to set himself off as a Fantastic Nuke.
- Blood Knight: He doesn't need any reason to go on a bombing spree. He just thinks it as good "wholesome" fun.
- Characterization Marches On: Carval was originally conceived as a beastman-like character named "Carvel" in a prototype to Heartcore, titled White Silence.
- Fiery Salamander
- Mad Bomber: Like you wouldn't believe.
- The Napoleon: Of the "Demon Three", he is the scrawniest. This is a result of Volaster's Suicide Attack damaging his Heartcore and stunting his growth.
- Stupid Evil: Certainly not the brightest fellow.
An older beastman that currently inhabits Midgard. Is Ryodalin Knight's partner, and frequently tries to get her to stop smoking.He also happens to be a beloved hero in the authority of New Ayers. To the point where he gets MERCHANDISING!He specializes in holy magic, thus considered a paladin.Syranon was originally created by Steven Stewart, the author's husband.
- By-the-Book Cop
- Light 'em Up: As a paladin, holy magic is his forte.
- The Merch: invoked He is so popular among the people of New Ayers, he has his own action figure!
- Oblivious to Love: Gimlett, his secretary, has feelings for him...not that he notices.
- The Paladin
- Smoking Is Not Cool: He keeps trying to get Ryo to quit. So far, no luck.
- Unusual Ears: Par for the course for beastmen. His are cat-like.
Ryodalin "Ryo" Knight
Not much is known about her just yet! We know she HATES demons and can detect them from a considerable range. She denies being one outright despite certain traits...Ryo was originally created by Holland W.S., best friend of the author.
- Cold Sniper: Has a very aloof personality, and her Weapon of Choice is a sniper rifle.
- Demon Slaying: Ryo is a demon hunter.
- Hunter Of Her Own Kind: Ryo displays a number of demonic abilities, which may make her a case of this. However, her motives are still unknown.
- Smoking Is Cool
- Spider-Sense: She can feel when a demon is nearby.
- Unusual Ears: Pointed, not unlike a demon's.