Characters: Dude, That's My Ghost!
open/close all folders
Voiced by: Rasmus HardikerThe main protagonist of the series, Spencer is a clever, inventive 14 year old kid who aspires to one day become a famous movie producer. Until that day, however, he makes B-List horror movies with his friends. Though he often gets into trouble due to his and Billy's antics, this also helps him mature as a person.
- Affectionate Nickname: Billy rarely ever calls him by his real name, and sticks to calling him different variations of "bro."
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Spencer knows ghosts are real but refuses to believe that Billy's fur coat is really made of werewolf fur.
- Berserk Button: Don't you dare to offend his family in front of him, or give bad reviews towards his movies
- Big Brother Instinct: Is very protective of his sister and his family.
- Brown Eyes
- Butt Monkey: Gets his share of beatdowns thrown at him, usually by Kleet or Billy. note
- Chick Magnet: To a lesser extent than Billy, but still. Shallina is secretly in love whit him, Mallory apparently likes him, "The Soapies" - Dorine, Morine, and Florine - from time to time and a certain subtext in his relationship with Lolo.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Usually is the one to keep Billy grounded.
- Cool Loser: Sees himself as this.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Deadpan Snarker: Compared to Billy and Rajeev? Big time.
- Foil: To Billy. Billy is very wild and out there, while Spencer is more down to earth and willing to think through situations than be impulsive about them.
- Determinator: Nothing will stop him from finishing a movie
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: He always finds the chance to include zombies in his work
- Genre Savvy: Not that it really helps him stay out of trouble.
- I See Dead People: Due to wearing one of Billy's amulets, he is able to see him.
- Iron Butt Monkey: With all the aforementioned smackdowns he gets from people usually much stronger than him, he's usually able to get right back up with little visible injuries.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The Feminine Boy to Jessica's Masculine Girl.
- Master of Illusion: More often with the help of Billy, he gets to have very impressive "special effects" on his movies; though he does manage to make a headless illusion by himself on a school talent show.
- Messy Hair
- Mistaken For Crazy: At times when his sister catches him 'talking to himself'.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Big fan of horror movies, especially Zombies
- Punny Name: Due to his last name being "Wright," this leads to some rather funny puns.Hugh: Wrights are never wrong!Principal Ponsey: You think you're right, Wright! But you're wrong, WRONG.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Billy's Red Oni (curiously opposing their color theme).
- Round Bushy Hair: It doesn't help the critique that he's too much like Danny Fenton.
- Straight Man: He frequently has to play the role in response to Billy's antics
Billy Joe Cobra
Voiced by: Darren ForemanThe supporting protagonist of the series, Billy was once a superstar musician who rocked the charts with his hits...before dying an untimely death and becoming a ghost. Since then he haunts his former mansion, and once he develops a friendship with his distant cousins Spencer, he takes it upon himself to teach how to fit in to the glamorous California lifestyle...which he will repeatedly mess up for various reasons. He is hyperactive, a bit of diva, and has an ego so large it could dwarf a small planet.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Ambiguously Jewish: His real name was revealed, in episode 23, to be Baruch Cohen.
- Applied Phlebotinum: His ectoplasm can do everything from bringing gum to life to turning Spencer into a werewolf.
- Awesome McCoolname
- Berserk Button: Never EVER call him a no talent hack, or insult his music. He will strike back and you will pay for it.
- Big Eater: In spite of, you know... Being a ghost.
- Butt Monkey: Not as much as Spencer, but Billy gets his fair share.
- The Cameo: He's one of the extras in Equestria Girls.
- Chick Magnet: Most of his fans are women, and he himself claims that he used to be quite the looker when he was alive and just reeled girls in like a natural.
- Companion Cube: He got waaaay too attached to a wax statue of himself
- Conflict Ball: Both averted and invoked depending on the episode, most of the conflict comes from Billy messing up unintentionally for ridiculous reasons.
- Crossdresser: He has worn women's clothing and also taken on a human female form many occasions for the sake of comedy.
- Drama Queen: Big time.
- Ectoplasm: Billy's ectoplasm can create unique/dangerous things, like supernatural monsters. It can even turn a person temporarily into a ghost.
- Flight/Power Floats: Is always doing this.
- Foil: To Spencer.
- Forgetful Jones: Tends to be a bit absentminded.
- Genius Ditz: Despite being not very street smart, Billy seems to enjoy learning very much and knows a lot about certain subjects.
- Ghostly Advisor: To Spencer, Rajeev and Shanila.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Tends to fly off the handle when he or his music is insulted.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Spencer.
- Impossibly Tacky Clothes: Most of Billy's outfits are these, upped to eleven in episode 22
- Intangible Man
- It's All About Me: In spades, and usually the reason Spencer can't stay out of trouble.
- Invisibility: Invisible to everyone unless you're wearing some of his old clothing.
- Large Ham: Comes with being a rockstar really.
- Man Child
- Mind over Matter: As of episode 23, Billy has developed telekinesis.
- Narcissist: Adores himself more than his fangirls do.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: His name and default outfit seem to be inspired by Green Day front-man Billie Joe Armstrong.
- Non-Standard Character Design: More round and noodly than the other characters.
- Ocular Gushers: When he cries it's usually this. Made a plot point before, as his tears are made of ectoplasm, which has adverse side effects on whatever it contaminates...
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Seems able to do pretty much the same things he could when he was alive, like sleep, eat, etc. although whether he actually needs to or not is not addressed.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Spencer's Blue Oni (curiously opposing their color theme).
- Smarter Than You Look
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: When he was alive, (although he wasn't exactly dark) Billy definitely fit this trope.
- The Ditz
- The Lancer: To Spencer
- Verbal Tic: The word "Bro," also including alternate forms of the word, like "Broseph" or "Bromigo."
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: One of Billy's most prominent ghost abilities.
The Wright Family
Hugh WrightSpencer's dad. He can be a bit eccentric but is a very caring father. He works as an accountant but has a passion for inventing and tinkering with things. Ironically, he is terrible with technology (especially computers).
- Amazingly Embarrassing Dad
- Bumbling Dad
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Homemade Inventions: He's fond of these.
Jane WrightSpencer's mom. She can be a little eccentric but is normally more level-headed than Spencer's dad. She also loves to style hair. Billy Joe Cobra's distant-cousin relationship to the Wrights has been implied to come from her side of the family.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Mom
- Ambiguously Jewish: She is a distant-cousin of Billy Joe Cobra, whose real name is Baruch Cohen.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: To a lesser extent than her husband, but still.
- Genki Girl: She is an adult version of this.
Jessica WrightSpencer's little sister. She is very athletic and even has a black belt in karate (which appears to be her favorite sport). She can be a bit annoying at times, and believes her brother is very weird for "talking to himself".
A mysterious woman who not only is aware of the mechanism that it makes Billy visible to human eyes; but is also seeking to catch the ghost, and keep keep him in a jar as part of her extend collection of Billy Joe Cobra memorabillia
- Bad Boss: Towards poor Hoover.
- Collector of the Strange: Trying to add a ghost to her collection.
- Fangirl: With her earrings in the shape of Billy's head and even her manicure has Billy's face on it.
- The Collector
- The Faceless: We do get to see the lower part of her face.
- You Gotta Have Dark Violet Hair
- Woman of Wealth And Taste
- Yandere: Has signs of this towards Billy.
A mysterious older man working for Madame X who's tasked with the job of capturing Billy Joe Cobra and returning him to his mistress. Due to Madame X he also knows the secret to see Billy, and wears his underwear to do so. He's a bit bumbling, and messes up most of his successful captures, but he tries.
- Butt Monkey: He always manages to fail to capture Billy, and usually ends up being abused by the end.
- Bumbling Sidekick: To Madame X. He is constantly messing up in his attempts to capture Billy, which tries her patience.
- The Dragon: Can be seen as one towards Madame X.
- '80s Hair
- Fan Boy: Of Justin Bieber Expy JTT
- Fan Disservice: He often use Billy's underwear on top of his own underwear....and we get to see it, also his choice of swimwear.
- Master of Disguise: Adverted, Everybody (even Billy with some help) can recognize him.
- Miniature Senior Citizens
The principal of Spencer's high school, he is a militant man who hates Spencer with a passion and takes pleasure out of making his life miserable. He will do anything to get him expelled from school, even if he's being unfair and unreasonable in the process.
- Dean Bitterman: And how!
- The Determinator: Will do anything to make Spencer's life a living hell and or get him expelled from school.
- For the Evulz: He wants to ruin Spencer's life and get him expelled...why? Well why not?
- Likes Older Women: Has a crush on Mrs. Rumsfeld, who was his teacher when he was a kid.
- Meaningless Villain Victory / Pyrrhic Villainy: In 'Escape From Beverly Beverly High', it's implied that the reason Ponzi is so horrible to Spencer is because, as the only student without rich and influential parents, he's the perfect vent for job stress. Therefore, if he does succeed in getting rid of Spencer, he'll lose the only student he can oppress with impunity.
- Professional Butt-Kisser: Will suck up to anyone if he thinks it will help him make a profit, even if its Spencer.
- Speech Impediment: Has a bit of a lisp.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: To Spencer.
- Uncatty Resemblance: To his pet bird, Lorenzo, who also has the same style of hairpiece.
The star athlete of Spencer's school, Kleet also hates Spencer with a burning passion, and will do whatever it takes to make his life miserable. Thick-headed and driven by anger, he's sometimes The Dragon to Principal Ponsey.
- The Dragon: Sometimes to Principal Ponsey.
- Dumb Muscle
- Entitled Bastard
- Extreme Omnivore
- Jerk Jock: Towards Spencer and pretty much everyone else.
- Real Men Eat Meat
Lolo CalorieA rich, spoiled, popular girl with a stereotypical valley girl accent. She doesn't like Spencer or his friends, as they usually stand up to her conceited and 'popular' attitude or just plain annoy her (mostly via Spencer's horror movies or Rajeev's flirting).
- Alpha Bitch
- Attention Whore
- Bad Boss: Towards his bodyguard Adrian.
- Blondes Are Evil
- False Friend: To Mallory and some extent to all the "popular" boys and girls.
- Manipulative Bitch
- Punny Name: Her full name, Lolo Calorie, is a pun on "low calorie".
- Rich Bitch
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: She is becoming in one to Spencer so as the series goes on.
- Tsundere: It's implied that she feels this way towards Rajeev (and Spencer).
Spencer's best friend and lead actor, Rajeev is likable, funny character who helps out Spencer with his movies by playing the lead actor. He can see Billy Joe Cobra by wearing a belt that once belonged to him.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Lolo Calorie.
- Camp Straight: He crossdresses for fun, as it seems to be implied (Shanilla mentioned having lent all her gowns to him, for some reason) but still likes to have his way with girls.
- Casanova Wannabe
- Extraverted Nerd
- Plucky Comic Relief
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Played with from due to Spencer not having able to afford actual girls appear in his films up to in that one time, tried to be Spencer's date for an award show (long story).
ShanillaSpencer's friend and Rajeev's sister. She is much more level-headed than her brother and is often the voice of common sense between the two. She wears a pink bracelet that used to belong to Billy in order to see the him. She also has a secret crush on Spencer.
- A Day in the Limelight: Episode 25 featured Shanilla rather prominently.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Her efforts to help Spencer's campaign for school president ventured into breaking and entering twice, not to mention her impression of Lolo used to trick a voice recognizer.
- Bollywood Nerd
- Brainy Brunette
- The Chick
- Nice Girl
- Out of Focus: Compared with her brother and Spencer, she has the least amount of screen-time in the show of the trio.
- Women Are Wiser
MalloryA pretty, popular girl who Spencer has a crush on. She is extremely nice and friendly, and appears to like Spencer as well.
- 100% Adoration Rating: She's so nice and so loved by everyone that upsetting her is considered a heinous crime in-universe.
- Demoted to Extra: Since episode 30 onward.
- Heroes Want Redheads: The object of affection of Spencer.
- Nice Girl
- Satellite Love Interest: On a sort. She looks nice, kind, friendly; she is loved for everyone in Beverly Heights; she is the object of affection of Spencer... and that's all we ever know about her.
- Spoiled Sweet