Characters: Bronies React
Here are the tropes pertaining to the rotating cast of bronies in Bronies React
. "Main" is for bronies who have appeared in every or almost every episode; "Recurring" is for bronies who have appeared in more than one episode but are not considered main; "One Appearnace" is for bronies who have, so far, only appeared in one episode.
open/close all folders
- Catch Phrase: "Luna!"
- More accurately, anything along the lines of "I bet Luna's gonna have a really big role in this episode!"
- Deadpan Snarker
- Epic Fail: In the reaction to the season 2 finale, he loses a battle with his couch cushion.
- The Hero / The Leader
- Large Ham: Sometimes.
- Mind Screw: He gives himself a headache trying to figure out how the switching cutie marks of the mane six also changes where they live, as well as apparently their past and how characters react to them.
The Living Tombstone
- Awesome McCoolname
- Pass the Popcorn: He pulls out a bucket of popcorn for the season 3 finale. It stays there throughout the entire episode.
- Perma Stubble
- Silent Snarker: "Do you collect pony toys?" Cue Tombstone silently gesturing to the pile of said toys on his desk.
- The Smart Guy: If someone is giving an honest opinion on something and putting a lot of thought into it, chances are it's him.
- Sophisticated as Hell: "I just watched the promo for Equestria Girls. Also known as the reason for why the fandom has gone apeshit."
- Badass Beard: Grows one over time.
- Basement-Dweller: Implied and played for laughs in the season 3 finale. After deciding that having wings and a horn makes you a princess, he realizes that he is wearing (fake) wings and a (fake) horn, so he turns and yells "MOM! I'M A PRINCESS!" His mother responds by saying he's an embarrassment.
- The Lancer
- Sound Effect Bleep: He's possibly the only person in the show to censor himself when he swears.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Cupcakes reduces him to throwing up.
Solrac / Yaplap
- Angrish: Not all of it is necessarily angry, but he does devolve into loud, incomprehensible gibberish on occasion.
- The Big Guy
- Cloud Cuckoolander: The most consistent example.
- Large Ham
- Mood-Swinger: Goes from freaking out over the gore of Cupcakes to dancing along to the music happily, without missing a beat.
- No Indoor Voice
- The Quiet One: In the Season 2 finale reaction episode; he doesn't actually say anything, but voices over himself in two different moments (when Twilight exposing Cadence goes wrong, and during This Day Aria, using his cover). Justified in that he was recording in a house instead of a car, and his No Indoor Voice would've bothered everyone inside.
- Sdrawkcab Name: "Solrac" is Carlos spelled backwards.
Mic the Microphone
- Awesome McCoolname
- Bad Liar: In Smile HD, when trying to hide the true nature of the video from Monique Creber, he claims the blood is "ketchup" and that the video is actually an episode of the show that focuses around the healthiness of eating tomatoes.
- Later, when Michelle Creber comes in, he (with some help from Monique) tries to hide it from her differently, by saying they were actually just watching the show intro. Hilariously, while Monique doesn't seem to believe Gryphon (or, if she does, is definitely very suspicious), Michelle seems to buy it, leading to her being confused whenever Gryphon says the video was disturbing.
- Crossdresser: In the 2014 Halloween special, he dresses up as a diva along with Michelle Creber.
- Limited Wardrobe: Somewhat; so far, with the exception of being a ninja, he's always worn a military uniform in his appearances. However, the actual uniform changes.
- Zig-zagged in Smile HD. He starts off in costume as Apple Bloom due to it being another Halloween special, but later when Michelle Creber walks in, he quickly ditches the costume and tries to cover up with his typical military jacket. But by the next scene, he's given up and is back to being in costume again.
- Ninja: In the Cupcakes reaction video.
- Cuteness Proximity: The Crystal Empire's ewes reduce her to squealing.
- Mind Screw: The entire Equestria Girls trailer is this to her. As one comment states: "I thought Nowacking's brain was going to explode."
- Squee: Aside from the Cuteness Proximity above, there's also her reaction to seeing humanized Vinyl Scratch in the Equestria Girls trailer, complete with a bit of a Cluster F-Bomb.
AcousticBrony (Edd and Jimmy)
- Special Guest: She's one of the storyboard artists for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- Special Guest: She actually voices Apple Bloom in Friendship is Magic.
- The Cameo: Since she only appeared near the end and didn't say much, she can be considered this. Subverted in the next episode, where she was consistently reacting throughout the whole thing alongside Gabriel.