Characters: Bronies React
Here are the tropes pertaining to the rotating cast of bronies in Bronies React. "Main" is for bronies who have appeared in every or almost every episode; "Recurring" is for bronies who have appeared in more than one episode but are not considered main; "One Appearnace" is for bronies who have, so far, only appeared in one episode.
open/close all folders
Main or Recurring
- Catch Phrase: "Luna!"
- More accurately, anything along the lines of "I bet Luna's gonna have a really big role in this episode!"
- Deadpan Snarker
- Epic Fail: In the reaction to the season 2 finale, he loses a battle with his couch cushion.
- The Hero / The Leader
- Large Ham: Sometimes.
- Mind Screw: He gives himself a headache trying to figure out how the switching cutie marks of the mane six also changes where they live, as well as apparently their past and how characters react to them.
- Timey-Wimey Ball: Screwed-up timelines are involved in his thinking.
- Badass Beard: Grows one over time.
- Basement-Dweller: Implied and played for laughs in the season 3 finale. After deciding that having wings and a horn makes you a princess, he realizes that he is wearing (fake) wings and a (fake) horn, so he turns and yells "MOM! I'M A PRINCESS!" His mother responds by saying he's an embarrassment.
- The Lancer
- Sound Effect Bleep: He's possibly the only person in the show to censor himself when he swears.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Cupcakes reduces him to throwing up.
The Living Tombstone
- Awesome Mc Coolname
- Pass the Popcorn: He pulls out a bucket of popcorn for the season 3 finale. It stays there throughout the entire episode.
- Perma Stubble
- Silent Snarker: "Do you collect pony toys?" Cue Tombstone silently gesturing to the pile of said toys on his desk.
- The Smart Guy: If someone is giving an honest opinion on something and putting a lot of thought into it, chances are it's him.
- Sophisticated as Hell: "I just watched the promo for Equestria Girls. Also known as the reason for why the fandom has gone apeshit."
Solrac / Yaplap
- Angrish: Not all of it is necessarily angry, but he does devolve into loud, incomprehensible gibberish on occasion.
- The Big Guy
- Cloud Cuckoolander: The most consistent example.
- Large Ham
- Mood-Swinger: Goes from freaking out over the gore of Cupcakes to dancing along to the music happily, without missing a beat.
- No Indoor Voice
- The Quiet One: In the Season 2 finale reaction episode; he doesn't actually say anything, but voices over himself in two different moments (when Twilight exposing Cadence goes wrong, and during This Day Aria, using his cover). Justified in that he was recording in a house instead of a car, and his No Indoor Voice would've bothered everyone inside.
- Sdrawkcab Name: "Solrac" is Carlos spelled backwards.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Heroic BSOD: Equestria Girls reduces him to one.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Part of his above Heroic BSOD.
- Only Sane Man: Even if others sometimes take this role as well, he never shifts out of it.
- The Stoic
- The Quiet One
- Cloud Cuckoolander: A bit in his earlier appearances.
- Early Installment Weirdness: His camera quality was pretty bad in his first appearance.
- Sixth Ranger
- Badass Mustache
- Bald of Awesome
- The Cameo: Makes a brief appearance in the season 3 finale reaction to imitate Pinkie Pie's Spit Take.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Only Sane Man: Shares this role with D.Notive.
- Rated M for Manly: He has a reputation of the "Manliest Brony Alive".
- The Stoic: He never raises his voice.
- Tranquil Fury: When reacting to Teens React to My Little Pony, he acted this way whenever the teens directly insulted bronies.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Mild compared to others, but still.
- Large Ham
- Mr. Fanservice: As seen when he gets a Shirtless Scene as part of a visual gag in the "Derpy Change"
- Official Couple: With Amethyst, who shows up in the season 3 finale alongside him.
- Berserk Button: Episodes without Octavia.
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Flipping the Table: At the end of all of his appearances due to the lack of Octavia.
- Irony: The one time the Bronies react to something with Octavia in it, Orchestral Design is not present.
- Large Ham: Not as much as Solrac, but he still qualifies.
- Running Gag: Flipping his table at the end of episodes if there was no Octavia.
- Less memorable is his habit of pointing at the screen when he sees Luna, throwing his arm forward so fast to do so that he sends a container flying off his table, complete with the sound of something breaking.
- Tranquil Fury: Before his second instance of Flipping the Table.
Mic the Microphone
- For Halloween, I Am Going as Myself
- Killed Off for Real: Played for Laughs. Slenderman "kills" him in the Cupcakes reaction and takes over, though it's obviously just Mic in a costume.
- Only Sane Man: Like Dusty, he cements this role rather well despite having only a couple of appearances.
- Straight Gay
- Awesome Mc Coolname
- Bad Liar: In Smile HD, when trying to hide the true nature of the video from Monique Creber, he claims the blood is "ketchup" and that the video is actually an episode of the show that focuses around the healthiness of eating tomatoes.
- Later, when Michelle Creber comes in, he (with some help from Monique) tries to hide it from her differently, by saying they were actually just watching the show intro. Hilariously, while Monique doesn't seem to believe Gryphon (or, if she does, is definitely very suspicious), Michelle seems to buy it, leading to her being confused whenever Gryphon says the video was disturbing.
- Crossdresser: In the 2014 Halloween special, he dresses up as a diva along with Michelle Creber.
- Limited Wardrobe: Somewhat; so far, with the exception of being a ninja, he's always worn a military uniform in his appearances. However, the actual uniform changes.
- Zig-zagged in Smile HD. He starts off in costume as Apple Bloom due to it being another Halloween special, but later when Michelle Creber walks in, he quickly ditches the costume and tries to cover up with his typical military jacket. But by the next scene, he's given up and is back to being in costume again.
- Ninja: In the Cupcakes reaction video.
- The Comically Serious: His calm demeanor makes the things he says just that much funnier.
- Failed a Spot Check: He apparently didn't notice when his drink turned into a grenade.
- Made of Iron: Gets blown up by a grenade. Perfectly fine.
- Real Men Wear Pink:Robbob: Well, just got done saving America. Time to watch some ponies.
- The Generic Guy: He doesn't do a lot that makes him stand out.
- Only Sane Man: Due to the above point.
- Cuteness Proximity: The Crystal Empire's ewes reduce her to squealing.
- Mind Screw: The entire Equestria Girls trailer is this to her. As one comment states: "I thought Nowacking's brain was going to explode."
- Squee: Aside from the Cuteness Proximity above, there's also her reaction to seeing humanized Vinyl Scratch in the Equestria Girls trailer, complete with a bit of a Cluster F-Bomb.
- "No. Just... No" Reaction: His reaction to the Equestria Girls trailer.
- Broken Aesop: In-universe. "Don't make friends, or you'll die."
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: While imitating Twilight's reaction to becoming human in Equestria Girls:Eile: Ahhhh! (looks at her hand) I've got fingers! Ahhhh! (looks at her foot) I've got toes! Ahhhh! (looks down her shirt) I've got...oh.
- Blatant Lies: "And I thought I was white."
- Broken Pedestal: Despite claiming Rainbow Dash as his favorite pony, he remarks in Rainbow Rocks how he's starting to wonder why. In the Season 5 Premiere react, near the end, he turns to a necktie modeled after her and proclaims "All you do is bitch!"
- Deadpan Snarker: His defining trait.
- Headdesk: A Running Gag is him doing this in response to stupid or otherwise disliked moments in what he's reacting to. The react to Rainbow Rocks even has a slow-motion headdesk from him as The Stinger.
- Inner Monologue: His reaction to episode 100 is this. It starts with him watching the episode and internally declaring he can't come up with any jokes that wouldn't be obvious, so to prepare for his react, he decides to watch it again and think about the jokes, taking notes as he goes. This allows him to lampshade his own running gags rather than actually doing them (headdesking, impersonations* ) holding up a cross) by showing them written in the notes. At the end, he prepares to do his actual reaction, with speaking out loud, but the video ends.
- N-Word Privileges: Though rather than using them to use words that are otherwise racist slurs, he uses them to make creative jokes about black people. Even when said jokes also insult himself.James: Was that Ratchetness or Jaxblade? All black people sound the same to me.
- Take That: He often does impersonations of the other people reacting, typically in negative ways, but naturally it's Played for Laughs.
James: I know! I'll just satirize and poke fun at the other reactors to hide the fact that I have no original ideas of my own! (smiles proudly)
- Self-Deprecation: The reason he does this:
- Author Appeal: He loves Derpy/Muffins. This is most obvious in his reactions to the 100th episode.
- Actor Allusion: She appeared in the video where they reacted to the Derpy change, while she herself is the voice of Derpy in Doctor Whooves and Assistant.
AcousticBrony (Edd and Jimmy)
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: In the beginning, Jimmy seems to be the red to Edd's blue. Edd drops this over the course of the video.
- Those Two Guys
- Buffy Speak: Refers to a cutie mark as a "butt mark" at one point.
- Dull Surprise:"Oh look, Twilight Sparkle awkwardly tap dancing."
- The Fashionista: Comes across as this when she begins talking about Luna's dress.
- She actually is a fashionista, she has a series of pony inspired makeup-vlogs!
- Genki Girl
- Official Couple: With IBringDaLulz, whom she appears with in the season 3 finale reaction.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Energetic girl to Lulz's savvy guy.
- Special Guest: She's one of the storyboard artists for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- Special Guest: She actually voices Apple Bloom in Friendship is Magic.
- The Cameo: Since she only appeared near the end and didn't say much, she can be considered this. Subverted in the next episode, where she was consistently reacting throughout the whole thing alongside Gabriel.