Ax Crazy: Webcomics
- Project 0: Noor, just sending her out into the field gives even her teammates a scare.
- The Demi in The Overture are an entire race of unstable psychopathic killers but none so much as Sophie. A cute, sweet, little girl who tortures children in order to hear their screams.
- Supernormal Step has Mr. Kite, who blends elements of Ax Crazy, The Mad Hatter, and Magnificent Bastard all at once.
Mr. Kite: Whatever. Nothing else left to burn, I'm bored, let's get out of here.
- MAG ISA — Kyle is the epitome of AX... I mean... GUN CRAZY.
- In DevilBear, Winnie the Pimp is brought back to life by well meaning friends but he Came Back Wrong
- Tower of God - It is implied that the weapons of the 13 Month series cause this, since Eurasia Enne Zahard started to go on a random killing spree after receiving the Colourless December. It also applies to Anak's Green April, which seems rather bloodthirsty and activates when Anak gets angry.
- Black Mage of 8-Bit Theater. He's kinda the anti-White Mage.
- Also, White Mage in this guest comic.
- Belkar Bitterleaf of The Order of the Stick, described as "a Chaotic Evil halfling who is constantly trying to murder anyone who gets in his way! Or looks like they may possibly be thinking about getting anywhere sort of near his way at some unspecified future point, just to be sure."
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!!""Yes, run, my little chunks of XP!"
- The Continentals: The escaped mental patient known as The Mangler, the sinister and psychotic Mr. Qwist (hired man of the equally bent Dr. Daniel Abbeline).
- The Infernomancer (TIM for short) from Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire.
- Red of No Rest for the Wicked, even if she is one of the protagonists.
- Bangladesh DuPree from Girl Genius, although Baron Wulfenbach and his son Gilgamesh have some control over her... usually.
Klaus: DuPree. When I say the words Alive and Unharmed — do any neurons actually fire in that brain of yours?Bang: Um—No Sir!Klaus: I thought not.
Castle: How may I serve you?Agatha: Oh goody! Who can you kill for me?noteCastle: I can kill things in the skyAgatha: Yay! Do that! Kill everything in the sky!note
- Rather indicative is that she regularly counts how many ways she can spell "eviscerate."
- Really, Othar and any of the Jägers fit this trope to the letter. The Jägers at least have an excuse, though, being bioengineered supersoldiers selected for loyalty and ferocity, not brains.
- Truly taking the cake, though, is Castle Heterodyne's AI. Its selective memory turns the most innocuous commands into a massacre. This is how it remembers its first conversation with Agatha:
- Kamekaze Kate is a car racing Ax Crazy in Misfile.
- At first at least after she was freed from her sister's influence she got a lot better. And her race with Ash ended in a traditional Defeat Means Friendship moment, that is Ash's defeat by Kate
- Richard from Looking for Group sums himself up in song.
- Electric Retard is full of them. One even happens to be a naked guy with an axe.
- Axel of the Ansem Retort seems to go out of his way to inflict grievous bodily harm on his "friends", and generally murders anyone who happens to exist anywhere within a hundred mile radius of himself.
Namine: You couldn't go 10 seconds of diplomatic immunity before murdering someone?!Axel: I wasn't even listening to you. I just wanted to murder a dude.
- Larxene is, arguably, even crazier having destroyed Disney Land and everyone/thing inside it just because she wanted funnel cake.
- Cousin Dougal from Platinum Grit, a psychopathic immortal Scotsman who lives to stab.
- Oasis moves in and out of this in Sluggy Freelance. Her mental state is in tatters, and each apparent resurrection shifts it. Even in her more lucid moments, though, she realizes how close she is to violent mayhem. And heaven help anyone nearby if she activates Override B-1.
- David Willis, author of It's Walky!, ventures into this from time to time.
- Il'haress Kharla'ggen Vloz'rezz from Drowtales is the personification off Ax Crazy. And considering that the Woman Behind The Woman that was the only thing capable of keeping her in check and from going on an unstoppable killing spree was beheaded in a recent chapter, she will most likely become further Ax Crazy still as the story progresses. Or, considering that it was this woman who originally drove her Ax Crazy, it's within the realm of possibility that she might calm down to just plain crazy.
- Butch from Chopping Block.
- Lothar Hex from Exterminatus Now is psychopathic enough that he regularly attempts to cause harm to next door's dog for no reason, but in order to REALLY get him riled up, all you have to do is ruin his hat. At which point, don't expect too many of your limbs to still be attached.
- Mal from Head Trip.
- Mel Kelly from Narbonic. Very.
- Galen from Wiglaf and Mordred. Her favorite "patients" seem to be her fellow teammates (or her daughters teammates, much to her daughters annoyance).
- Rowasu of Juathuur. And when he is lucid, he is even scarier.
- Nina from Venus Envy - starts out as a Sociopathic Hero of sorts who constantly threatens / injures people and is played mostly for laughs. Then she stabs the main character.
- Bittersweet Candy Bowl: Just imagine◊...
- Gamzee singlehandedly turned the Troll's side of the story into a Slasher Movie when he goes off the deep end in Homestuck. Karkat eventually manages to hug the crazy out of him though.
- Also, Eridan goes off the deep end too, murdering two of his friends in cold blood and single-handedly destroying any hope of his species long-term survival.
- Caliborn. He is entertained by death and wants to kill everyone, especially his sister Calliope.
- Jack Noir. At one point, he's stuck in jail with nothing but a pumpkin full of knives. He then proceeds to murder everyone around him, even when he's trying to keep at least one of them alive to open his cell.
- Meenah, also. To the point where she greets people by trying to kill them, and blew up herself and all her friends, as well.
- Axe Cop is pretty violent and armed with an Axe most of the time, but this is usually just bad news if you are a bad guy. However in this strip he goes pretty Ax Crazy after the wrong candles are put on his cake and kills indiscriminately.
- Chelsea Grinn from Chimneyspeak has been on a ten year long bloody carnage across the world all because she got bumped into and got a small scar on her nose.
- Karate Bears are pretty fond of axes.
- A Broken Winter introduces us very early on to Kuroda's wife, who killed their son (according to Word of God) as a protest against killing children. In their words, "Logic at its finest". She also killed the family dog and tried to kill her husband too.
- In Commander Kitty, Zenith does not take it well to learn that Ridiculously Human Robots and Mix-and-Match Critters are incapable of having children together.
If I'm not perfect now, I can always be the most perfect thing left alive.
- Olympus Overdrive: Ares.
- Dragon Ball Multiverse: U13 Kakarotto. Come on, just look at his face. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Definitely not firing on all cylinders.