Awesome Music: Mashups
Original music can be really awesome, but when two perfect songs meet up, it is so much more awesome than either song could ever be.
- While the work of the aptly-named DJ Earworm mostly belongs on that very page, the shining exception is his yearly "United State of Pop" mashup, which mashes each year's Billboard Top 25 Songs. You will find yourself thoroughly enjoying songs that you'd normally hate on their own.
- "Pop Culture" by Madeon is simply a happy, energetic mashup of 39 of his favorite songs, ranging from "Take It Off" to "Wow" to "Aerodynamic" to "Video Killed the Radio Star".
- "Let's Roll". Six country songs, mashed together and edited so that they all run together seamlessly.
- Ladies and Gentlemen of the internet, esteemed purveyors of all that is good in the world of music, one of the funniest pieces of music ever created... Darude. Weedstorm.
- Neil Cicierega's "Mouth Sounds" and "Mouth Silence" comprise nearly two hours of epic, discordant, and hilarious mashups. One of the best ones is literally titled "Best" and features an impressive variety of songs all based on the word "best"...which ends with the original English Pokémon theme interrupted by Dave Grohl yelling "BEST!" in the spot every Pokemon fan should expect him to.
- "Marble Soda" by Shawn Wasabi, consisting of over 153 samples and having a very cutesy, happy sound.
- This mashup mashes up Coldplay's "Clocks", Oasis' "Wonderwall" and The Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony" with a bunch of other songs thrown in the mix. The three mentioned songs are already masterpieces on their own, but when they're put together, the results are epic!
- What happens when you cross the Ghostbusters theme with one of AC/DC's most awesome songs? You get Thunderbusters!
- The themes from Bill Nye the Science Guy and Space Jam, the Dream Land music from Kirby, and Snoop Dogg's "Drop It Like It's Hot" would, to some people, probably not work together in a mashup. Someone did just that, and the result is pretty freaking awesome.
- Related: The Internet Is For Music, a 30-minute mashup of nearly every Internet meme and viral video that existed at the time the mashup was created.
- Who would have thought that MC Hammer, Eurythmics, New Order, Talking Heads and Donna Summer had songs that worked together surprisingly well?
- The same person also mashed up the Ghostbusters theme with "Gangnam Style", and it got a considerable amount of buzz around Halloween.
- How about this: three songs from Interpol, The Beach Boys and The Muppets Take Manhattan that blend together in an almost ethereal way.
- Unanimous Delivers' 1000 PEOPLE CLICKED ON THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON BY ACCIDENT is an epic mashup of many of the remixer's previous videos. Take note, however, that it starts as a short YouTube Poop; the mashup segment starts exactly one minute in. In the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fandom, the video is so synonymous with streaming site Bronystate (who always plays it just before a new episode is about to air) that a special version was made for it with an extended Fake-Out Opening where it plays The Dover Boys for about three minutes before cutting to the mashup when Dan Backslide is about to say "Confound those Dover Boys!", presumably to keep viewers on their toes.
- From the same mind that brought you Thunderbusters, George Michael meets Billy Idol in Careless Rebel. And it's awesome.