The original game was one of those early NES titles that really showed what the sound hardware was capable of doing in the hands of a skilled composer
; there isn't a weak or even mediocre track in the entire soundtrack.
Kid Icarus Of Myths And Monsters
Kid Icarus: Uprising
- The Title Screen tune sets the mood for the epic story that awaits in the game; as a bonus, it also introduces several of the series' Recurring Riffs.
- The Underworld Theme, which starts from one of the musical ideas from the Title Screen theme, is perhaps the most recognisable tune from the original game; listen out for the opening phrase from the Title Screen music just before it wraps around.
- The buoyant Overworld Theme is just plain fun to listen to.
- The light and airy Skyworld Theme sets the stage nicely for a series of levels in the clouds.
- The spooky Labyrinth Theme takes some of the sting out of getting lost in the maze or turned into an eggplant while a dozen rooms from the nearest healer.
- The Palace in the Sky Theme ingeniously remixes some of the ideas from the Underworld music to bring the game full circle.
- And the Ending Theme adds to the sense of achievement of beating a game that helped to define Nintendo Hard.