The cinematic cutscenes that end each campaign in Warcraft III tend to be of the Crowning Moment of Awesome kind.
- Arthas returning home as a war hero after a successful campaign against The Undead only to to walk up to him and stabbing him through the neck.
Arthas: You no longer have to sacrifice for your people. You no longer have to bear the weight of your crown. I've taken care of everything.
Terenas: What is this? What are you doing, my son?
Arthas: Succeeding you, father...
- Arthas has another Crowning Moment of Awesome in the ending cinematic of the Undead campaign of Frozen Throne: Arthas shatters the Frozen Throne with Frostmourne and the screen goes black. It the shows the Lich King's Helm of Domination fall and slide to the feet of Arthas, who, picks it up and puts it on, after which his eyes shine with blinding blue light.
Ner'zhul: Now we are one!
- The first thing Archimonde does after arriving on Azeroth is destroying the wizard city of Dalaran just by drawing in the sand.
- Grom Hellscream killing Mannoroth after Mannoroth taunted him in Warcraft III, freeing Orcs from their demonic enslavement. Mannaroth being so powerful that his body releases a huge burst of hellfire killing Hellscream is also awesome.
Hellscream: The blood haze has lifted... The demon's fire has burnt out in my veins... I have freed myself
Thrall: No old friend... You've freed us all.
- Finally, the ending cinematic of Reign of Chaos, a Crowning Moment for Malfurion Stormrage, when he calls upon an army of thousands of Wisps to destroy Archimonde, using a World Tree empowered version of Detonate. Of course, Wisps don't work that way in the actual game.note