Awesome: Valkyria Chronicles
- The first launch of the Edelweiss. Many a fist was pumped into the air.
- All of Operation Cloudburst. When Largo and Rosie pick on Isara simply for being a Darcsen, Welkin makes a bet with them: He retakes the bridge in 48 hours, and they listen to his orders whether they like it or not. Welkin then proceeds to drive his tank through the stinkin' RIVER to the enemy camp on the other side. The fact that he learned the appropriate spot where the water is the shallowest "by observing some weeds in the river" gives it a bonus multiplier. In less than two days, Welkin manages to lure every imperial Soldier to the drawbridge and dump all of them in the sink, cementing Welkin's position as THE Squad Seven Commander.
- And Welkin again, in the ending. With the Marmota in flames and no way out for him and Alicia, and his troopers refuse to leave them and get to safety. His response?
- "You're going to leave now. That's an order!"
- Alicia vs. Selvaria, anyone?
- Rosie singing at Isara's funeral. It doubles as a Tear Jerker, and fully redeems Rosie's character.
- Alicia punching a hole in the Marmota's armor by throwing her Valkyrian lance while screaming, "I never wanted this!" It makes Welkin's Cooldown Hug and proposal of marriage all the more poignant.
- Squad 7 defeating Artificial Valkyria Maximilian qualifies as well.
- In the Behind Her Blue Flame DLC; Johann running out into the battlefield under heavy fire to save Selvaria when she's been incapacitated by poison gas, in spite of his fears of being on the front lines. This action gets him promoted to an ace, and he becomes Oswald the Iron.
- Edy in her DLC, first her decision to help defend the town, despite being outnumbered, and then later running from one side of the map to the other, through enemy lines, in order to save her "rival", Rosie, who's been injured.
- In the same DLC, Homer actually pulls a subverted Cooldown Hug on her by slapping her in the face when she has one of her famous panic attacks when she learns that Rosie's in a bad way. How does Edy repay him? Slugging him in the chin, and then thanking him. Absolute genius.
- Selvaria destroying Ghirlandaio using the Valkyria's Final Flame, blowing herself up along with an entire fortress and a good chunk of Gallia's main army in the process. It doubles as a Tear Jerker, and triples as a Dying Moment of Awesome.
- Selvaria gets another one earlier, when she effortlessly deflects a tank shot with her weapon.
- Squad 7 retaking Bruhl, Welkin's hometown. Also a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming and Tear Jerker, as they did it in Isara's memory. There were more important battles in the game, but none was more personal.
- Bringing down the Batomys super-heavy tank in Chapter 7, forcing the Imperials (including Selvaria in Valkyria mode) to retreat. Squad 7 does this by first destroying its MG turrets, then climbing on it and blowing up its radiators to disable it.
- Let's not forget the snipers in that same chapter, who are capable of wiping out all of the starting foot soldiers on the first turn, as well the fact that they could wipe out Selvera's squad in a single turn as well(not including her of coarse.)
- Welkin's submarine tank drive is repeated in Episode 3 (with water leaking worryingly into the passenger compartment), he and Isara then top it by driving the tank right up the incredibly steep embankment.
- The events of Episode 11. Welkin, Faldio, Ramal, and Isara teaming up with Selvaria, Jaeger, and Karl who would rescue Alicia and Cordelia from the kidnappers. Take note that these groups are on the opposing sides of the war. And they're badass in their own rights so when they team up, you know epic beat down will ensue on the kidnappers.
- Squad 1 taking out the Batomys at Naggiar. Sadly, it would be their sole moment of glory.
- Hey, taking on Selvaria was also pretty cool... though admittedly a little stupid in retrospect.
- The game was recently re-released on steam, to over 90% positive reviews, and became the top download the day of it's release, even beating out Assassin's Creed: Unity!