- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: Sort of a given, considering the work in question. Ray is an obnoxious misogynist who brings a lot of his misfortune onto himself. But almost everyone else around him proves to be just as assholish or underhanded, but escapes unscathed. Add in the universes determination to screw over Ray without respite, and the work can become rather tiring. (Of course, Coupland has stated that Worst. Person. Ever. was meant to "buck the trend and damage the person reading it, making this rather intentional.)
- Heartwarming Moments: In spite of their general assholish behavior, it is sweet to see Ray and Fiona connect with their kids. Even sweeter, Fiona wanted them to connect with their father, even with their shoddy history.
- Jerkass Woobie: Ray is an unrepentant sack of crap, but his sheer streak of bad luck can stir a little pity for the poor sod.
- Fiona also becomes one of these, when she reveals that she and Ray had two kids. Despite kidnapping them from their foster family, she does want to be a proper mother to them.
- Never Live It Down: In-universe, Ray is repeatedly harangued for misspelling Herry Potter while stoned.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: In-verse and after their drugged hookup, Lacey takes to referring to herself and Ray as Raycey. The following infobox explains the practice using real-life examples, such as Bradgelina, and dismisses it as stupid.
- Squick: Worst. Person. Ever. does not hold back. From Bradleys violent upchucking at death, to fate constantly pushing Ray to shit himself, to the bloody spray from pulling off a skin flap, these gross moments are detailed.
YMMV / Worst. Person. Ever.