- Alternative Character Interpretation: Gwen continued hatred to Cody despite Cody doing nothing to warrant has cause fans to theories she also got back in time, and remembers how he acted in seasons after the first. This has been debunked, as its been revealed that her reason is actually very petty.
- Base-Breaking Character: Cody. He's either adorable and lovable as a protagonist, or a Marty Stu that drags the story down with it by removing a majority of the canon character's biggest flaws. There's rarely a middleground.
- Broken Base: The story as a whole to the Total Drama community as a whole. It has an outspoken and loyal fanbase, but it should be noted that quite a large number of critics have sighted it as an example of bad storytelling.
- The Scrappy: Gwen. She's despised by fans of the story due to her terrible treatment of Cody, while detractors often sight her as one of the biggest problems with the story due to being completely out-of-character.
- The Woobie: Cody. At the start of the story, Cody has lost touch with his optimistic nature and became a downer in his young adult years. Then thought the story we learn that when Cody was younger he suffer from child neglect and bullying which drove him into depression, even to the point he nearly gave up on his life and almost committed suicide once by shooting himself in the head by his father's revolver, but dropped it at the last second.
YMMV / Total Drama: Cody's Redemption