- Anvilicious: A few of the morals could be this, but in particular, the anti-video gaming and anti-TV ones in the superhero stories of books 18 and 23 respectively trump them all.
- Ass Pull: My Life as A Splatted-Flat Quarterback features Opera having a terrible home life, something that had never been brought up before then, and in fact, dialogue implied that Opera's parents weren't even abusive and cared about him. On the other hand, though, the entire story wound up being All Just a Dream, so whether or not this is actually the case for Opera is unknown.
- Bizarro Episode: Wally's adventures are pretty strange, but the winner for the most BLAM-arific installment of the series would be #13 My Life As A Blundering Ballerina. Basically, Wally and Wall Street think each other have it easy, so they switch places to see who has it tougher. The book is chock full of Big Lipped Alligator Moments involving them (mostly Wally) doing each other's stuff (Wall Street plays football while Wally babysits a houseful of rowdy children). It starts to make more sense at the end, but it still qualifies for this trope.
- Idiot Plot: The entire plot of "My Life As A Prickly Porcupine From Pluto", book 23, is just beyond contrived and stupid, and seems to require all characters involved to have the decision-making and/or reasoning of Patrick Star to make almost all of its plot points work. It starts off with Wally stumbling upon and using a top-secret government website about Pluto to write a school paper about said (former) planet, resulting in everyone jumping to the conclusion that Wally is an alien from Pluto (because only an alien would know that much about Pluto, right?) and only gets worse from there.
- Nightmare Fuel: The climax of My Life as a Toasted Time Traveler. Wally enters a Bad Future where he became a dictator and left everyone to die, and his future self winds up being eaten by rats as toy Wally dolls run around him chanting "We love you, Wally. You are great!". Fortunately, it just winds up being a nightmare.
- What an Idiot!: Quite a few things, including Wally's older brothers turning down a trip to Florida, Wally running out of a room filled with exploding cookies loaded with gunpowder then noticing the big canister of gunpowder and deciding to stay put and panic, and other such things. Possibly justified, though, as the people in Wally's world aren't all that smart to begin with.
- Probably one of the bigger examples is the climax of book #2 My Life As Alien Monster Bait, where the what is supposed to be the final shooting of the movie that Wally is starring in winds up going horribly wrong: the monster malfunctions and grabs Opera instead, fleas go flying everywhere, and the other actors get caught in unflattering moments. Despite this the director raves about how perfect the scene is and how it has made the movie in his eyes. Unsurprisingly, the movie is later stated to have bombed spectacularly.
YMMV / The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle