- The Catchphrase Catches On: "Time passes... Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold." Those who know the game have quoted it again and again, while waiting for something. Other folks miss the reference.
- Funny Moments
- These being totally random happenings due to the Interactive Fiction being Nintendo Hard. Bilbo can get eaten by the Trolls while Gandalf watches without comment.
- The wood-elf in Mirkwood that simply locked you in prison will also arrest various enemies, most often a Warg.
- If you break the window in the Goblins' dungeon, a goblin jailor might end up going into the cell, resulting in a potentially endless loop of you getting captured/imprisoned in the cell, even when you're already inside it.
- That wacky Gollum, always strangling random people from behind for failing to answer his riddles.
YMMV / The Hobbit (1982)