- Awesome Art: Trip creates some very vivid, surreal scenes and characters.
- Crosses the Line Twice: One of the comic's main sources of humor is simply how garish and disturbing it is.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Many of the doctors, even ones who only appear for a few strips, are popular with the fandom and receive a bit of fanart.
- Heartwarming Moments: The entire ending of Chapter 1 is this. After President Meat spends the chapter's climax tormenting Barry and generally being a dick, he throws Barry into a dark room, leaving him alone to cry. Except Barry isn't alone. Out of the shadows comes none other than Dr. Doom, who now completely sympathizes with Barry. He nervously asks Barry how he's doing, afraid that Barry will lash out at him like he did earlier. Instead, Barry hugs him. Doom gently picks him up and offers to carry him back to his room. There's also a meta example in the description of the last strip, where Trip profusely thanks every reader for reading the comic, and tells readers how happy she is to see that readers love it so much.
- Nausea Fuel: The very concept of Paismeto disease, a disease shown in the comic as causing the vomiting of fetuses from an unknown region of the body.
YMMV / Sparklecare