- Jerkass Woobie: Don's a pretty negligent husband, but the crap Jill puts him through to ruin his marriage is a bit much.
- Les Yay: Jill hugging Sue's breasts. Ironic considering Jill claims to be disgusted by lesbianism.
- Moral Event Horizon: Jill making Terry think he is terminally ill was the first of many.
- Nausea Fuel: Jill fakes giving birth and goes as far as to spill bolognese and mayonnaise all over the floor to make it seem realistic. While the audience can see it's fake, it's still a pretty sickening reminder of how messy birth can be.
- Signature Scene: Jill's dance when she first sees Don.
- The Woobie: Cath. She's suffering Multiple Sclerosis, has an unfaithful husband who barely acknowledges her existance and is harassed every day by a woman who wants to take away her husband.
YMMV / Nighty Night