- Author's Saving Throw: After many fan complaints about things like Twilight's Bystander Syndrome in The Good, the Bad and the Ponies and the Deer's Easily Forgiven status in The Root of the Problem, both problems are nonexistent here: Twilight not only gives as much direct help as she can, but also gives the villains a rather Ironic punishment.
- Critical Research Failure: The Unicorn villains plan to become Alicorns by stealing Pegasus wings ignores that Alicorns are also part Earth Pony. While Twilight DOES mention that it could never make them true Alicorns, this aspect isn't mentioned. Then again this could also be Fridge Brilliance to show how ignorant the unicorns are about such things.
- Fridge Horror: There are actual spells that can not only forcibly remove a pegasi's wings, but use them in a potion to give an alicorn wings. The comic pretty much canonizes the idea of magic Organ Theft.
- Moral Event Horizon: The trio of wing thieves crossed this by being willing to cripple Rainbow Dash for life just to become fake Alicorns for the prestige and fame that came with it. Notably, even Twilight in universe is so furious with them for what they did she strips them of their magic for an indefinite period of time as punishment, which is by far the most harsh punishment she's ever given out to anyone who's not an Arc Villain.
- What Do You Mean, "It's for Kids"?: Deals with Organ Theft, Rainbow being drugged, and the possibility of a character being crippled for life.
YMMV / My Little Pony Friends Forever Issue 25