- Demonic Spiders: One mission requires you to kill some anglerfishes. As the stage has poor visibility, you can bump into them if you're not careful and then you'll get chomped about 5 fives for very high damage. At low CON levels, that's an unavoidable loss.
- Ear Worm: The songs used in the trailers, featuring catchy bass riffs and hilariously high-pitched vocals.
Under the church, where nobody goes, there's fire and brimstone and this big asshole.
- The trailer theme, which constantly repeats the game's title.
- "Super Boss" from the trailer for the Bonus Boss is humorous yet menacing.
- The Priestly Pyro spell summons a wheel of fire around the Cleric. No ninja or cowboy will catch you if you're on fire because they'll be too busy being stunlocked. An update balanced it so it does 2 damage instead of 1 but also loses duration every time it hits an enemy.
- Originally, the 33 stat boosters that appear in New Game+ could be collected over and over through several loops until the player got 99 on every stat. This also got hit with the nerf hammer, so they won't appear once the player reaches the level 16 cap. And then once more so they only have a chance of even appearing at all.
- Goddamned Bats: There's one mission that requires you to kill a giant white bat while avoiding all the common ones that are randomly bouncing around the level. It can get rather annoying.
- That One Attack:
- When at low health, the Demon can instantly summon very powerful lightning around himself or become invincible for a while.
- Orange powder clouds set by enemies and traps, including the Bonus Boss. Falling asleep because of them can often be an instant loss.
YMMV / Just a Cleric