- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: The movie is essentially this trope: the motion picture. Between Bettys manipulation, Marvs bad decision making and the overall bleak tone that goes throughout, its hard to really find anything enjoyable in this movie.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Harry March for Mike and the bots.Mike: I like this new movie better!
- Glurge: Don't try to be popular with a seductive vixen or you shall pay!
- What an Idiot!:
- Betty not only doesn't make any changes to the paper Marvin writes for her to make it look like her work, she doesn't even read it.
- Marv and Vince both continue to pine after Betty, even after she openly and shamelessly admits that she's only using them for what they can give her.
- The Woobie: It's a little hard to not feel sorry for Marv's dad as he's doing his part to try and turn his life around for both his own and Marv's sake, but ultimately everything not within his control doesn't work out for him.
YMMV / High School Big Shot