- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: Characters are slaughtered left and right. Anything the heroic characters in the series try to do ends in complete failure while the villains are borderline invincible. Even the Breather Episode late in the series that focuses on Edgar, Sabin, and Tifa retroactively is hit with this, due to Kain effortlessly using his control of Lenna's dragon to have it kill all of them almost immediately after. As a result, it can be hard for some people to care what happens considering that it soon becomes predictable that anytime someone tries to go up against Kain or his allies they'll automatically die.
- Magnificent Bastard: Kain.
- Moment of Awesome: Kain's jump attack at the end of "Grrl".
- Moral Event Horizon: Kuro fucking eats Mog alive!
- One-Scene Wonder: Red XIII appears in only one episode, but his final moments in which he dies fighting for the side of good and refusing to compromise his morality are incredibly awesome.
YMMV / Final Fighting Fantasy