- Cruel to Be Kind: Kolton tends to use this excuse a lot, claiming that he's "helping" the others. Whether you buy this or not is subjective.
- Jerkass Woobie: Lukas is a textbook example. While he's extremely temperamental, it's obvious that it comes from a place of deep-seated anxiety and self-loathing. Recently he's started to warm up more to Dietrich, so he's leaning away from the Jerkass part.
- Love to Hate: Kolton Achen, especially as of Chapter 3.
- Paranoia Fuel: The extent to which the academy can dig up dirt on their students and blackmail them into the game is truly frightening.
- Ugly Cute: Walter is far from conventionally attractive, and yet... d'awwww.
YMMV / Clockwork Atrium