- Breather Level: Space. No enemies, no dangers, just a lot of Mind Screw and a couple of cards.
- Cargo Ship: Mitra and Wares.
- Demonic Spiders: The Dog is fast, unpredictable, takes a lot of hits to down, and is found almost everywhere.
- Goddamned Bats: The aptly named Annoyers, who are in fact actual bats.
- Paranoia Fuel: The Village Elder in name only, for he is neither. It's also a Shout-Out to Link's Awakening.
- That One Level: The Circus, containing some of the most brutal jumping puzzles in the genre.
- The 8-Bit Dungeon, as well. An annoying maze with plenty of spikes, dead ends, and gaps too wide to jump across, and the only enemy is the Chaser, which cannot be hit, but does a lot of damage and gets faster every time you use your broom. And it's just before the Circus!
- Widget Series: Oh boy. Not only do the visuals get pretty surreal, but characters like the Cubes will often babble cryptically, and the man before the first dungeon who talks about how he was afraid a maintenance crew installed a hidden camera in his mirror. Sometimes this is played for laughs. Other times it is not.
YMMV / Anodyne