- Broken Base:
- The amount of violence in the series. Some find it over-excessive and disturbing, while others feel that it's realistic and historically appropriate, if not necessarily Biblically accurate.
- The inclusion of fictional elements. Some think that it adds to the drama of the story, while others prefer that the show followed scripture more closely.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Saul/Paul and Barnabas, to the point where fans are pushing for a second season featuring them.
- Reuben the temple guard as well, especially after his death in the finale.
- Spiritual Adaptation: The series is probably the closest you can get to an adaptation of Reza Aslan's historical non-fiction book Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth, which provides a sweeping portrait of the socio-political conditions of Judea at the time.
YMMV / AD: The Bible Continues