Life Of The Party is about coming out.It is not far-fetched to say that the first verse sung by Shawn, whose still hiding his sexuality, to his lover who is already out and unabashedly being themselves.
- I Love it that you just don't careLove it when you dance like there's nobody thereSo when it gets hard, don't be afraidWe don't care what them people say
- We don't have to be ordinaryMake your best mistakesCause we don't have the time to be sorrySo baby be the life of the partyI'm telling you to take your shot it might be scaryHearts are gonna breakCause we don't have the time to be sorrySo baby, be the life of the party.
- Together we can just let goPretend like there's no one else here that we knowSlow dance fall in love as the club track playsWe don't care what them people say
- This is not necessarily saying that the song is about Shawn himself or that Shawn is gay in real life. Sometimes a song is not sung by the singer's own experience.
Shawn is secretly chronicling the struggles of being a nurse.
Stitches? Treat You Better? In My Blood?
The line in In My Blood about Im crawling in my skin wasnt a coincidence.
Shawn was definitely working on the new album and could possibly have been writing that song around the time Chester died. IMB is about someone nearing the Despair Event Horizon , so Shawn could have drawn from Chesters life as well as his own to write it. How much so depends on how much LP may have meant to him- but who knows that.
- Shawn announced the title and release date for "In My Blood" on March 20, 2017- Chester's birthday.
- The video for the song features Shawn apparently "laying on the bathroom floor" the whole time. "Crawling", the LP song with the shared lyric, also takes place in a bathroom.
- Whether or not the lyric was intentional, Shawn and the newly solo Mike Shinoda were at the same music festival at least once in 2018. If Mike overheard that lyric for the first time there, we can only guess his reaction...