Twenty year old Connecticut native that for some reason has a bad New York accent.
Things I watched/played/rediscovered/wasted-my-time-with due to TV Tropes:
- A good amount. At first I would look at fanfic and never bother with it, then I found the fanfic recommendation page...
- Silent Hill Never actual played any of the games, watched hours worth of Let's Plays instead. Also sat through the movie.
- Fallout My brother was playing Fallout 3 but I didn't really care until I read the Just Bugs Me page for the game, at which point I bugged him with hilarious spoilers, at which point I actually noticed that the game was awesome. I soon also bought Fallout 1 and 2.
- Left 4 Dead More of L4D2 than the first one.
- Team Fortress 2 - First hilarious machinimas, then fan works, then finally playing the game once it went F 2 P. I mostly play an average-to-sucky Pyro or Medic.
- Questionable Content Made it to strip 601 in my binge before I realized I Was-Not-Indie-Enough to be reading it. I just skipped to the end.
- Penny Arcade This one I didn't even bother to try and binge.
- VG Cats This one however, was easy to binge. Hooray for bad update schedules.
- Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name
- Homestuck I blame the ridiculously large tvtropes page with the warning to read the comic first lest you get spoiled plastered all over it. That and the avatars all over the SA forums (which I'm not even a member of(!)).
- DCAU The WHOLE thing. Had already seen most of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, Tvtropes made me want to revisit the show, not to mention BTAS, STAS, and Batman Beyond. (It took a whole summer.)
- Transformers Saw the Live Action Movie, then TV Tropes got me watching Animated, then I decided to watch the original (All 98 episodes! I'm pretty sure some of them were made on crack. Plus the movie!) because I didn't understand half of the in-jokes/character references, then I had to watch Beast Wars because it was said to be awesome (it was), then Beast Machines because I wanted to see the continuation of Beast Wars even though I knew it wasn't going to be as good (it wasn't).
- Turtles Forever LOVED the 2003 show back in the day, TV Tropes convinced me to visit it one last time.
- The Spectacular Spider Man