Hello, I'm Clawshrimpy, you may remember me from such shitstorms as "Real Robots should be Realistic" and "TTGL Syndrome" on the forums. I feel bad whenever I get into any kind of fight here, though, so I really don't mean to hate on anything anybody likes, except out of a feeling to need to White Knight or defend the things I do like, especially when it's compared to something that's more genereally accepted than what I do like.
A little bit about myself, I'm male, I have a passion for science-fiction of all types, but particularly of the Humongous Mecha anime genre, Full disclosure, I'm autistic, I have a persecution complex, and I have a hard time getting along with other, especially when trying to present an argument in a way where people will not rage at me. I have little to no friends in Real Life , and I have to awkwardly have to argue with strangers on the internet to have much dialogue with people with my interests. I'm an aspiring critical analyst of sci-fi and writer.
Works enjoyed by Clawshrimpy include:
- Gao Gai Gar and a vast majority of the translated Brave Series
- Machine Robo (Rescue in particular)
- Digimon Xros Wars
- Digimon Xros Wars The Young Hunters Leaping Through Time
- Armored Trooper VOTOMS
- Blue Comet SPT Layzner
- Fangofthe Sun Dougram
- Zettai Muteki Raijin Oh
- Better Man
- Inazuma Eleven
- Big Windup
Works disliked and critically debated by Clawshrimpy:
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Digimon Adventure 02
- Mobile Suit Gundam (as a franchise as a whole, but especially Zeta Gundam , Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED Destiny and Mobile Suit Gundam 00 )
- Code Geass (bugs him since some of the people behind Code Geass were responsible for Armored Trooper VOTOMS CASE:Irvine, which is a Berserk Button for him.)
- Star Driver (for mostly borrowing from both Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Code Geass , and otherwise being heavier on the Reverse Harem and not so much on the Science Fiction or Mecha
- almost every show in the Brave Series that isn't Gao Gai Gar, for reasons of varying worth
Tropes associated with Clawshrimpy:
- Accentuate the Negative: He's a Caustic Critic internet reviewer of giant robot cartoons from Japan and a somewhat hardcore Science Fiction analyst.
- Berserk Button (Has oh so many, probably the most notable is people "turning their brain off" who watch Humongous Mecha shows and not giving them credit as Science Fiction and not questioning plot holes. Another is he HATES people who call most of what he likes, but particularly Gao Gai Gar or other Brave Series "kiddie" or Merchandise-Driven and DOUBLY so if it's done att he same time as trying to proves other shows like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and show that "discourage thinking critically" (in his mind) are "better"
- Caustic Critic: his mecha anime review videos, although he does try to adopt some kind of even-handed approach, as he admires Chuck of Sci Fi Derbis and uses that format as the "style" of his own reviews.
- Creator Worship: for Ryosuke Takahashi, the man behind Armored Trooper VOTOMS and head writer of Gao Gai Gar.
- Complaining About Shows You Dont Like: has been accused of this before
- Fan Discontinuity (as far as he's concerned, Armored Trooper VOTOMS OV As CASE: Irvine and FINDER didn't happen, also does this with most forms of All There in the Manual)
- Fan Dumb
- Hypocritical Fandom
- Nostalgia Filter
- Squick: does not enjoy Fanservice nor Gorn.
What that said, feel free to edit/vandalise! Do leave your name if you stop by, though.
- Consider my name left. -Mura
- Add my name left to your list. Oh, and congratulations for being even more hated on /m/ than codename:v. - The Umbrella That Smites Evil