- Actor Allusion: In addition to the casting gag below, Johnny Yong Bosch plays a character who's a foil to the main protagonist, becomes far more antagonistic as he becomes a major authority figure in a governmental position, finds himself on the receiving end of a good punch to the face from the protagonist, and eventually turns out to not be as bad nor as far gone as he initially appears. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?
- Casting Gag: In the English dub, Johnny Yong Bosch plays the Foil to Takeru, who's very clearly an expy of Kaneda from AKIRA. Bosch did the voice of Kaneda in the 2001 dub of the film.
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- For One Piece fans Eustass Kid, Usopp and Bartolomeo are a trio of best buds, with the first two traveling to the Earth together. Alternatively, they're Yu, Teddie, and Yosuke.
- Takeru and Kazuma would come to blows again as Yew and Angelo. Coincidentally, Takeru's English voice actor is also Yew.
- Ao and Biz are Asuka and Daitokuji
- Takeru and Ao are Vishnal and Forte.
- On the subject of Persona cast members, in the English dub, Kazuma and Ao are Yu and Tamami.
- In English, Michael Sinterniklaas and Greg Abbey play characters who initially start out butting heads with each other. Again.
- In English, Takeru and Ao are also Taki and Mitsuha.
- Kazuma, Takeru, Ao, Gosche, and Chimpster are Ichigo, Nnoitra, Orihime, Aizen, and Kyouraku.
- Johnny Yong Bosch and Michael Sinterniklaas voice a duo who are like brothers, Michael's character has some sort of thing for Stephanie Sheh, and Johnny is a Shipper on Deck for them. Not the last time they'd share this dynamic.
- Shown Their Work: Takeru and Biz crash-land their shuttle on the south end of the abandoned Las Vegas Strip, between the ruins of Luxor and New York New York. The latitude and longitude coordinates displayed on their computer screen are almost exactly right (Google Maps puts those coordinates slightly further south, on the grounds of McCarran Airport.)
Trivia / Freedom Project