- Schedule Slip: The genus list hasn't been updated since January 2012.
- Science Marches On: Befalls the book itself, but the author, being a paleontologist, was savvy enough to set up the supplementary site to avert this. Word of God has said that an updated edition of the book itself may also be written eventually.
- The faceless, scaly Deinocheirus is a good example; in 2014, a complete skeleton of Deinocheirus was discovered, showing that it was a huge, goose-like animal fully covered in feathers.
- This is also given a nod by the fact that several of Luis Rey's paintings in this book are updated versions of some of his older ones.
- Lampshaded frequently in the text as well. The author says this is part of what makes paleontology so fun and frustrating at the same time.
Trivia / Dinosaurs: The Most Complete, Up-to-Date Encyclopedia for Dinosaur Lovers of All Ages