- Adaptation Overdosed: Three films and since 2004, a musical.
- Dawson Casting:
- Heinz Rühmann was 41 years old when he played a Gymnasium student (who'd be 18 or 19 years old). Of course, the character is supposed to be older and just playing a younger character.
- Played straight with most actors of actual student characters: Hans Richter was 24, Rudi Schippel 21, Maria Litto 24, Karin Himboldt 23 (playing 17-year-old Eva), and the most egregious case would be Clemens Hasse who was 35.
- Averted with Georg-Michael Wagner, who was 19.
- Reality Subtext: Many scenes were made again and again, until they were perfect. (Another reason this movie is considered so good.) The reason? The film was made during World War II. The actors who played the other students would've had to join the Wehrmacht, which could have meant a good chance to die. That's why the makers tried to extend the production as long as possible. Some actors were still conscripted and died on the fronts.
- Troubled Production: The film was made in 1943/1944, right during World War II. In fact, the crew tried to spend as much time as possible making the movie, as the alternative would have been unpleasant.
Trivia / Die Feuerzangenbowle