- Approval of God: Not only did id Software give the okay for Digital Cafe to mod the game, they found the idea hilarious and unique.
- Colbert Bump: The game received a lot of attention when the Angry Video Game Nerd reviewed it in August 2019.
- Fan Nickname: The characters in the briefing cut-scene are all officially unnamed, but the General is usually referred to as "General Mills". In the opening of HD, this is on his name placard.
- Milestone Celebration:
- Chex Quest 3, released 10 years after the first.
- Chex Quest HD was released over 20 years after the first.
- Promoted Fanboy: A mapper and musician from a popular fan forum, a fan with the user handle "Strife" was commissioned to write several tracks for Chex Quest 3.
- Urban Legend of Zelda: There were rumors of advertisements for Chex Quest 3 popping up shortly after the release of Chex Quest 2, which was then allegedly cancelled before release. In fact, the ZDoom version that got released a decade later is the only Chex Quest 3 ever planned.
- What Could Have Been:
- The game was planned to be a more standard generic game where the player was traversing through a cornfield with ghosts but General Mills wanted the game to be more of a fun educational game that teaches nutrition.
- The weapons were originally going to resemble toy guns. However, General Mills still found it too violent. Instead, they compromised by making it clear that you aren't killing the Flemoids, you're simply teleporting them back to thier own dimension.
- At one point, ammo was going to be replaced with things like strawberries and bananas. General Mills rejected this, stating that it might cause children to start food fights.
Trivia / Chex Quest