- The end credits theme for DS. While all the others (except for Tour) have an uplifting and satisfying tone, this brings with it a slow, somber one.
- However, this gets averted with the additional movement you get with 100% completion, which is cheery like all the rest.
- The complete shutdown of online Wifi servers for Wii in 2014. Being the first to feature online gameplay, DS had a solid online experience, but Wii improved on it dramatically with better connection and the addition of hundreds of fan-made custom tracks (and almost every retro one from the original to 7).
- Likewise, Wiimifi has been active to make up for this, but it is much less centrally controlled and only allows local network play.
- The ending in Mario Kart Wii when you get 4th place is quite sad. Your player/team stands on a cliff, looking at the ceremony while a somber recorder tune plays.
Tear Jerker / Mariokart