Roseanne has a close encounter of a different kind when she goes to a gay bar with Nancy. The episode gained a lot of backlash and controversy due to its depiction of same-sex female kissing.
- Butch Lesbian: Sharon mistakes Jackie for being one in the gay bar and hits on her.
- Incompatible Orientation: Sharon has the hots for Nancy's friend Roseanne who's straight (and married).
- Lipstick Lesbian: Nancy's new girlfriend Sharon.
- Sweeps Week Lesbian Kiss: Roseanne gets kissed by a lesbian without warning, giving her anxiety.
- Where Everybody Knows Your Flame: To prove she's cool, Roseanne goes to a popular gay bar called "Lips".
- Your Cheating Heart: Sharon is dating Nancy but flirts and kisses Roseanne behind her back. Ultimately becomes the episode's conflict.