Directed by Dennis Smith
Written by David J North
Ziva has a tense reunion with her father, the head of Mossad; Gibbs is forced to make a shocking decision.
Tropes in this episode:
- Cliffhanger/Wham Episode: Ziva leaves NCIS to rejoin Mossad, and she ends up getting abducted and imprisoned in a terroist training camp in Somalia.
- Drives Like Crazy: Ziva, as usual. Lampshaded by her father.Eli: With traffic, I wasn't expecting you for another hour.
Ziva: I drove.
Eli: Enough said.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Tony outright says this to Ziva on having to kill Michael in the previous episode. She doesn't buy it.
- P.O.V. Sequel: It starts with Ziva's POV at the end of last episode.
- Title Drop: When demanding that Ziva stay at Mossad to prove her loyalty to him, Eli describes the events as her Aliyah.note
- What Could Have Been: In-universe, Ziva angrily tells Tony that he could have turned Michael in without having to kill him, or shot him non-lethally.
- Wham Shot: Ziva being held prisoner.