Liv and Ravi both eat the brains of an ultra-competitive car salesman. Meanwhile, Peyton and Major host a summit for the United States government.
- Competition Freak: The murder victim of the week was one of these, so now Liv and Ravi are as well.
- I Never Told You My Name: Liv doesn't seem to notice, but she introduces herself to Martin as "Olivia" and he then calls her "Liv", signaling that he knows more about her than he's letting on.
- The Reveal: Martin Roberts, who we already know is Liv's long-lost father and the leader of the zombie supremacy movement, is also Beanpole Bob the utopium cook (and apparently the very first zombie).
- Sherlock Scan: Liv was able to recognize all of Martin's symptoms of Utopian withdrawal.
- Silent Offer: Blaine offers Dalton an unknown amount of money to smuggle Freylich's syndrome kids into Seattle.
- Technologically Blind Elders: Subverted. The murderer used to be one of these, but taught himself hacking explicitly so he could plan the murder.