Liv investigates the locked room murder of a rather morbid magician.
- Beneath Suspicion: This is one of the reasons that the murderer takes a job as a hotel chambermaid.
- Janitor Impersonation Infiltration: This is another reason the murderer takes a job as a hotel chambermaid.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Smoak and his silent partner Meers are rather obviously based on Penn & Teller.
- The Schlub Pub Seduction Deduction: The woman who picks up the Magnificent Magnus in a bar was hired by the killer to ruin Magnus's alibi.
- The Voiceless: Like Teller, his real-life counterpart, Meers is this. Though unlike with Teller, there's a very good justification for Meers' silence: if she spoke, people might find out she's actually a woman.