Part of Newvember! Join me as I look back at Game Boy ports of classic games, starting with one that should not work on the Game Boy to begin with.
Release: November 11, 2017
- A.I. Breaker: After struggling with most of the game due to its horrendous controls, TJ finds Goro and Tsung Shang's AI becomes pitifully easy when he spams Sonya's air punch and corners them, allowing him to get flawless victories on both of them, a double flawless on the latter.
- Epic Fail: The game is so flawed TJ can't manage to pull off any specials no matter how hard he tries...except when he's not trying.
- Pilot: Essentially what this episode is for this particular series, something TJ outright admits.
- Porting Disaster: In-Universe, TJ has this opinion. The game looks decent for a Gameboy game, but the controls are the worst he's ever played, it only has a few stages, and Goro is not even fought in his lair despite the stage being present.
- Worst. Whatever. Ever!: TJ declares the controls the worst he's ever experienced. He confirms that while he's using an emulator so recording is possible, the controls are just as bad on the actual game.