The Four come back to the Baxter Building to find that things have become very strange in their absence. HERBIE is now speaking Spanish, the food and drink all tastes like chicken, and their neighbors and friends are not acting like themselves. When they discover the truth, can the FF survive when everyone around them is an alien invader?
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Bluff the Imposter: Reed does this to prove that the people in the building are not human. Susan later tries to do it to explain why Ben is attacking one of the disguised aliens, but the alien catches onto her.
- The End... Or Is It?: Reed notes that the Skrulls took pains to get all their DNA and wonders if they've seen the last of them.
- Gratuitous Spanish: at the end of the episode.
- Mythology Gag: Both the Skrulls and Willie the mailman first appeared in the comics.
- Out-of-Character Alert: One of the foremost strange things is that Cory, the grouchy neighbor lady who never stops complaining about the Four, now acts like she's their best friend.
- Tastes Like Chicken: one of the things that the Skrulls got wrong is that all the food and drink tastes, well...
- They Look Like Us Now: Reed mentions when the Four have to confront their clones that any one of them could be an imposter, because they've been split up.