Sakura and Tomoyo attend a festival hosted at the local high school. They are surprised to see a grumpy Syaoran there, and in the meantime a play is going on.
Tropes for this episode include:
- All Love Is Unrequited:
- Syaoran has been hanging out at Yukito's station, gulping down soda and cold sweets. Yukito hasn't noticed.
- Yoko confesses her feelings to Toya, but she realizes that he loves someone else. She accepts it sadly but asks for one last dance with him.
- Bad "Bad Acting": Toya is very stiff when he pretends to sob as Cinderella. Understandably, Syaoran lampshades this on seeing how Toya doesn't look that sad as the older Kinomoto claims to be.
- Dragged into Drag: It's implied that Toya was "volunteered" for the position.
- It Makes As Much Sense In Context: Syaoran and Sakura are confused why in the play a can of mackerel would be able to give Cinderella an invitation to the ball.
- Not So Different: Sakura and Syaoran are mutually annoyed when they realize they have the same opinion about the play being weird.