Basic Trope: A fanfic that is intentionally horrible. Usually for laughs.
- Straight: Alise Learning Again How To Love is a fanfic of YA Fantasy Romance Series that features the main character, now a Possession Sue, inexplicably going back in time and falling in love with Adolf Hitler. The grammar is atrocious, the characters are flat and sorely misrepresented, and the author's "personal enemies" are written in just so they can be shot.
- Exaggerated: The spelling is mangled to the point that the fic is nearly unreadable, offensive remarks are tossed around like confetti (if only to get a reaction), and every other sentence seems to be a sarcastic potshot at some aspect of the series' fanbase.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: ???
- Inverted: A Fix Fic for YA Fantasy Romance Series is remarkably better and more serious than the source material.
- Subverted: The first chapter is riddled with spelling errors, and describes Alice going back in time with the goal of romancing Hitler... except it's then established that time travel has existed for a long time in this universe, that Alice is writing about herself in the third person, and that she's gradually losing her sanity and comprehensibility. The fic adopts an actual third-person point of view and treats itself seriously after the first chapter.
- Double Subverted: The author of the fic gets bored of writing it, and prematurely publishes a final chapter just to kill off any serious aspects it had.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: The author is a satirist who isn't used to writing seriously but wants to show devotion to the source material anyway.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Visit the unabridged version TrollFic